Outside Scholarship Search
National Institute of Health Undergrad Scholarship Program for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (high need)
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers:
* Scholarship support
* Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
* Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation
The NIH Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to students who show a commitment to pursuing careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The following are the basic requirements:
* U.S. citizen, national, or qualified noncitizen.
* Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited, 4-year undergraduate institution.
* From a disadvantaged background. Disadvantaged background means that your financial aid office has certified you as having “exceptional financial need.” (See below for more information.)
* 3.5 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) or within the top 5 percent of your class.