Alumni Virtual Job Search Intensive Program
Offered again by popular demand! Is your job search stalled? Or is your search just starting and you’re not sure what to do next? This 5-week online program will provide information, resources, guidance and support for your job search. Our structured approach will target the key areas of a job search, and help provide focus, overcome obstacles, and manage a strategic search. All Alumni Job Search Intensive program information and resources are now online here.
- Overview of our office alumni services & programs, including our Job Zone job listing system
- Development of targeted marketing materials, including resumes, correspondence, LinkedIn profile, and your all-important personal brand
- Strategies and resources for conducting a proactive job search
- Networking, connecting with RIT alumni, and the importance of social media in your search
- Interviewing strategies
- How to overcome potential obstacles
This program is completely online, so you can participate around your schedule. The format will consist of:
- Weekly emails introducing the topics
- Mini-webinars providing specific information
- Supporting materials, examples, and suggested assignments to advance your job search
- Opportunities to connect with your Career Services coordinator for individualized advisement related to your targeted field
All Alumni Job Search Intensive program information and resources are now online here.
Career Toolkit – Mini-Webinars on Job Search Topics
Maximize your knowledge with a minimum time commitment!
- Career Services Orientation
Learn about the career services and programs available to RIT alumni, including our Job Zone job listing system. Recording
- Unstick Your Career
Unsure where to go with a career transition? Get information on self-assessment and career search resources to help move you forward into your next career. Recording
- Alumni: How to Work a Career Fair – at RIT or Anywhere
Guidelines and tips for approaching recruiters, selling your skills effectively, using resources to plan your strategy and research attending employers, and making connections that will lead to future success. Recording; Transcript
- Maximize Your Job Search
Tips and resources to help you conduct an effective job search. Recording; Transcript
Experts Career Speaker Series
Expert speakers share job search and career management advice through webinars; listen live or access the archived recordings at any time. Visit the website to register and access the webinars - www.alumnicareerservices.org/rit.
Here are a few upcoming webinars (see the website for the complete list of upcoming and archived webinars):
How Anyone (Grads Too) Can Land a Job Within 30 Days, Wednesday May 3, 8-9pm, EST.
Whether you’re a college graduate conducting your first job search, an experienced working professional, a returning military vet, or an underemployed or unemployed professional, Todd Palmer’s discussion will share proven ideas to launch and lead a successful job search and career.
Create a Career Plan for Your Job of a Lifetime, Wednesday May 10, 8-9pm, EST.
What’s next for you? You have decided that now’s the time for you to move to your next career chapter. Perhaps, the timing was forced upon you… or maybe you’ve simply decided it’s time for something new. Before you start, you really need to know the key elements for a successful job search. Join Jane Falter as she teaches you how to prepare and then put your best foot forward when you get a coveted interview.
Cracking the New Job Market, Wednesday June 7, 8-9pm, EST.
Forget everything you think you know about landing a well-paid job—the rules have changed forever. Yes, how to find professional work once seemed clear and unwavering: capture career highlights in a resume, practice answers to standard interview questions, and do lots of face-to-face networking. Unfortunately, that way of doing things is now outdated. It doesn’t matter if you are new grad or an experienced professional you’ll learn insights and strategies in this webinar that will serve you for the rest of your career. Join William Holland to master these and many other tricks in a new game where the rules aren’t quite as clear-cut as they once were. Winning, after all, means your success as a professional.
Alumni Blog – Career and job search articles with tips, suggestions and resources for your search
- One-on-one advising, individualized to your interests and job search or career transition needs, including marketing materials review (resume, cover letter, portfolio), interviewing skills, job search strategy, and resources for your search. Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator for your field, by phone, in person, or Skype. Call 585-475-2301 to make an appointment
- Career Counseling for alumni in transition; our counselors can provide assessment testing and review, and provide support for a career change. Call 585-475-2301 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Counselors.
- *NEW - Personalized Career Coaching, with one of our professional community coaches. This fee-based service is available to all RIT alumni; work one-on-one with a coach to define your career goals and a plan to move you toward career success.
- Want a quick overview of our alumni career services?
You can RSVP for programs two ways: directly through Job Zone (account needed) or by emailing Kris Stehler (email@example.com).
Job Zone RSVP instructions: Login to Job Zone/click on the Events link on the top toolbar/Workshop tab/select title of session/click on the RSVP button.
If you require interpreting services email Kris Stehler (firstname.lastname@example.org).