Alumni Virtual Job Search Intensive Program
Offered again by popular demand! Is your job search stalled? Or is your search just starting and you’re not sure what to do next? This 5-week online program, beginning March 13th, will provide information, resources, guidance and support for your job search. Our structured approach will target the key areas of a job search, and help provide focus, overcome obstacles, and manage a strategic search.
- Overview of our office alumni services & programs, including our Job Zone job listing system
- Development of targeted marketing materials, including resumes, correspondence, LinkedIn profile, and your all-important personal brand
- Strategies and resources for conducting a proactive job search
- Networking, connecting with RIT alumni, and the importance of social media in your search
- Interviewing strategies
- How to overcome potential obstacles
This program is completely online, so you can participate around your schedule. The format will consist of:
- Weekly emails introducing the topics
- Mini-webinars providing specific information
- Supporting materials, examples, and suggested assignments to advance your job search
- Opportunities to connect with your Career Services coordinator for individualized advisement related to your targeted field
Registration required; sign up today to receive complete program information. Take control of your job search, strengthen you focus, and equip yourself with the tools and techniques for a successful job search! Questions? Contact Kris Stehler, Assistant Director, Alumni Career Services, 585.475.2301
Career Toolkit – Mini-Webinars on Job Search Topics
Maximize your knowledge with a minimum time commitment!
- Career Services Orientation
Learn about the career services and programs available to RIT alumni, including our Job Zone job listing system. Recording
- Unstick Your Career
Unsure where to go with a career transition? Get information on self-assessment and career search resources to help move you forward into your next career. Recording
- Alumni: How to Work a Career Fair – at RIT or Anywhere
Guidelines and tips for approaching recruiters, selling your skills effectively, using resources to plan your strategy and research attending employers, and making connections that will lead to future success. Recording; Transcript
- Maximize Your Job Search
Tips and resources to help you conduct an effective job search. Recording; Transcript
Experts Career Speaker Series
Expert speakers share job search and career management advice through webinars; listen live or access the archived recordings at any time. Visit the website to register and access the webinars - www.alumnicareerservices.org/rit.
Here are a few upcoming webinars (see the website for the complete list of upcoming and archived webinars):
How to Build Your Brand Online, Wednesday March 1, 8-9pm EST.
Building your personal brand is has become a requirement for business professionals. In this presentation, expert Ryan Rhoten will explain how to build your brand, grow your influence, and amplify your online reputation using his four-step D.I.C.E process. Ryan will also teach you about modern job search strategies, including the proper use of social media, and how building your brand links to your compensation.
Build Stronger Relationships to Advance Yours Career, Wednesday March 15, 8-9pm EST.
You grew up wanting to do more than just work a bunch of jobs, retire, and then wait out the rest of your days full of regret for never having achieved your dreams. The daily responsibilities of life derailed you from the dreams and job path you initially wanted to pursue and it’s been a struggle ever since. In this webinar, Kandis Webb will teach you to re-connect with yourself and your dreams, start doing the 5 things necessary to find a job that really works for you, and implement a new job search and career path strategy.
Leadership 3.0: Link Out – Not In -- to Build Trusted Relationships that Create Careers that Soar, Wednesday April 5, 8-9pm EST.
Growing your business or career has become more challenging, but leaders and the most successful business professionals flourish - even in tough times - because they have one thing in common. They “Link Out” and build their own entourages - those trusted circles of people who support their successes with connections, advice, and open doors. It’s not something we often think about, but it’s true: Everyone can have their own entourage. Leslie Grossman will show you 5 key steps to create your own entourage, how your entourage can work for you, and how to leverage your network, no matter what phase of business you’re in: -startup, plateau, growth or reinvention.
Mid-Life Career Rescue, Wednesday April 12, 8-9pm EST.
What makes you happy? What’s your passion? Perhaps, like other people, you don’t know. So many people never think about what gives them joy, meaning, and purpose before embarking on their careers. Others struggle to work out how to follow their passions and still pay the bills. Passion, happiness, joy, fulfillment, love—call it what you will—Cassandra has a proven-track record of success helping people stress less and succeed more. (For more information on Cassandra and her range of services www.worklifesolutions.co.nz or visit her Amazon page Author.to/CassandraGaisford.)
Alumni Blog – Career and job search articles with tips, suggestions and resources for your search
- One-on-one advising, individualized to your interests and job search or career transition needs, including marketing materials review (resume, cover letter, portfolio), interviewing skills, job search strategy, and resources for your search. Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator for your field, by phone, in person, or Skype. Call 585-475-2301 to make an appointment
- Career Counseling for alumni in transition; our counselors can provide assessment testing and review, and provide support for a career change. Call 585-475-2301 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Counselors.
- *NEW - Personalized Career Coaching, with one of our professional community coaches. This fee-based service is available to all RIT alumni; work one-on-one with a coach to define your career goals and a plan to move you toward career success.
- Want a quick overview of our alumni career services?
You can RSVP for programs two ways: directly through Job Zone (account needed) or by emailing Kris Stehler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job Zone RSVP instructions: Login to Job Zone/click on the Events link on the top toolbar/Workshop tab/select title of session/click on the RSVP button.
If you require interpreting services email Kris Stehler (email@example.com).