Want a fresh way to promote your company to students? As you probably know, YouTube is the world's most popular online video community, allowing millions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. We have created a YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/user/RITCoopCareer) to build on the ways we connect with our students. We also highlight videos on the student pages of our site.
Here are some ideas for how your organization can partner with us:
1. Share your expertise. We are collecting tips from recruiters and managers as a way to share their wisdom related to job searching and succeeding in the work place. Here are employer idea guidelines.
2. Encourage your co-op students to submit a short video clip about their experience working at your company. We call this collection of videos “RIT on Co-op”. It is a great way to showcase your organization.If your co-op students wish to submit their own “Out on Co-op”video, here are student video guidelines.
3. Add your current video to our playlist. We can feature your company’s video on our channel – just send us your YouTube link! Company Video Content Ideas:
What your company does, what the team is made up of, who your company hires, what you look for or value in the people you hire, what makes your company unique or your company culture, your hiring process.
History or hiring co-op and or graduates from RIT
YouTube provides a great forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe. We hope you can join us in our efforts to use this great medium!
If you have any questions or want to discuss your ideas, contact Gretchen Burruto at 585.475.5462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videos of experts sharing advice and feedback
To be used on our YouTube channel, on web site, linked to Facebook, etc.
RIT Alumnus(a)? __ yes __ no
“If You Had One Piece of Advice About…”
…Succeeding on the job
…How to make the most of a co-op job
…Handling salary negotiations
…What not to do in an interview
…What to do in an interview
…Writing a cover letter
…Writing a thank you note
…Writing a resume
…Following up after sending a resume or interviewing
…Emailing an employer
…Succeeding at a career fair (if appropriate)
…Presenting a portfolio (if appropriate)
(Anything else you would like to add?)
Plus (where appropriate):
The benefits of hiring co-op students
Opinion of RIT’s co-op program and its students
Reason(s) you recruit and/or hire RIT graduates
RIT co-op students have worked all over the world, with large and small companies, collaborating with all types of people and employers love them! We are starting to build a collection of videos of our students at work.
Share Your Co-op Experience | YouTube Channel
Videos related to co-op, job searching, and the workplace can be accessed through our site (co-op profile and international experiences pages), our Facebook page or YouTube Channel. If you want to create your own video, here are video guidelines:
Your video needs to be short, less than 3 minutes in length and include:
• Your first name, major, and that you are an RIT student
• Name of company you are working (or worked) for and what you are doing or did (make sure you don't share confidential/proprietary info)
• What you learned or advice for how to succeed on the job
• Tips for students looking for a co-op job
Getting Your Video to Us
Please contact Gretchen at email@example.com, 585.475.5462, to make arrangements. Or mail or CD or DVD to Gretchen Burruto in the (Rochester Institute of Technology, Office of Co-op and Career Services, B & L Center, 57 Lomb Memorial Dr, Rochester NY 14623.