Stay connected, Stay involved!
We know you want to stay connected as your son or daughter embarks on their career journey. Beginning with experiential education and continuing through graduation and beyond, our office is here to provide advisement and resources to help students plan, prepare for, and meet their career goals. We invite you to take an active role in your son or daughter’s career development process by becoming informed, and continuing to provide guidance and support to your child. Please feel free to contact our office at any time should you have questions.
Career Services at a glance
- We are a dedicated staff of coordinators available for students and alumni in all academic programs, at all stages of their career.
- Our office provides comprehensive services to students preparing for co-op/experiential education and for graduation that includes tailored orientations, workshops and one-on-one advisement. We also plan and promote events such as career fairs, workshops, and speakers from industry.
- We connect with students in their first year, maintain contact by major to provide continuous support.
- Where are the jobs? Everywhere! Students (and alumni) have access to an online jobs database (RIT Job Zone) that includes jobs at all levels, across the country and worldwide.
- You can help by becoming informed — check out our resources specifically tailored to address parents’ concerns. Partner with our office; we offer opportunities to post a job, or participate in our mentor program.
- Together we’re better! Our expertise and your continued support ensure your RIT student’s success!
Articles and information relevant to your son or daughterSpring Issue:
Spring Career Events | Developing Leadership Skills | Imagine RIT Festival | Leaving Campus Without a Job [read Spring 2010 Issue]Winter Issue:
Fall Career Fair Statistics | Millenials & Social Consciousness in the Workplace| What Skills are Employers Seeking? | Focus: Game Industry [read Winter 2010 Issue]
A Parent's Perspective
Our son realized many benefits from his co-op experience. He thoroughly enjoyed his job assignments, the opportunities to expand his skills and test his design ideas, and interacting with his co-workers and management. The company recommended that he apply for a full-time position that became available in his department, since he was familiar with the design project. Upon graduation from RIT with his BS/ME degrees in mechanical engineering, he began full time employment as a project manager.”
- L. Hudson, RIT Parent, Rochester, NY
Workshops: Programs range from Co-op Info Sessions, Job Search Prep Advice, Mock Interviews, and more!
Career Fairs: We sponsor a number of career fairs. Employers recruit both co-op, graduating students and alumni at these events.
Company Meet and Greets: many companies visit RIT's campus not only to interview students, but to share information about their company and its opportunities.
Visit the Event Calendar for schedule of upcoming events.