Creative Industry Day | March 19, 2015
Review Portfolios, Showcase Your Company or What You Do and Network
Creative Industry Day creates an atmosphere that fosters communication between students and creative industry professionals, artists, photographers and designers. Students get feedback on their portfolios and learn more about the creative industry and you will get an inside look at the talent RIT is producing.
This event, begun in 2006, is sponsored by RIT Office of Career Services and the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences.
Each reviewer will meet with students, one-on-one for about 10 minutes. You will only be expected to represent your area of expertise.
If you haven't already participated, contact Gretchen Burruto at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: "Creative Industry Day Invite" if you would like to receive an invitation to participate this year.
Here is a quick list of the type of student you may meet:
3D Design, Advertising and Public Relations, Animation, Art and Illustration, Crafts, Film, Game Design and Development, Graphic Design/Visual Media, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Motion Picture Science, Media Sciences/Print Media, New Media Design, New Media Interactive Development, Photography/Visual Media, Game Design, and more.
Also Interested in Scouting/Recruiting Talent?
- There will be seniors, juniors and sophomores present at the event and if you are looking for co-ops (interns) or full time hires feel free to pursue them—even though this is not a fair.
- Send along any job descriptions prior to the event and we will post them in our job database (RIT Job Zone).
- Interview facilities are available the next day, please contact us soon if you are interested in reserving room(s).
Career Panels 12-2 pm
Company Representatives 2-6 pm
Individual Reviewers 2-4 pm
Getting that job is inevitably going to come down to a person's work. Give advice to students/alumni on how to showcase their work most effectively. Please limit your time with each student/alum to 10 minutes.
Students from the School of Design, School of Art, School of Photographic Arts and Sciences, School for American Crafts, School of Film and Animation, School of Media Science are invited to participate.
The 2014 Student Portfolio Portal: http://creativity.cias.rit.edu/ is still available to get an idea of the talent at RIT. Check back often as more and more work from our students will be adding their work prior to the event. Access portfolios and resumes from New Media Designers, New Media Developers, Graphic Designers, 3D Designers, Photographers, Illustrators, Industrial Designers, Interior Designers, Illustrators, Animators, Film, Game Design and Developers, Fine Artists and Craftspersons.
Registration opens fall 2014. Contact Gretchen Burruto at 585.475.2301 or email@example.com with any questions or to be included in the invite.
There is no cost for this event.
Registration will close a week prior to the event.
- Check in begins as early as 10 am, please arrive by 1:45pm at the latest. RIT Gordon Field House.
- Lunch buffet and drinks will be served from 11:00 – 2:00.
- Each company/portfolio reviewer will have a table with their company name, skirting. The tables are 6 ft in length.
- Feel free to bring a company table top display or company product or literature.
- Wireless internet is available. We will try to accomodate all requests for electricity (requests are part of registration).
- Taxis are available at airport. Suggestions: Airport Taxi 235-0508, Marketplace Taxi 647-9970, Checker 325-2460. We are about a 20 minute ride from the airport.
If you ship materials, please use the following address:
RIT Creative Industry Day/ COMPANY NAME
Office of Cooperative Education and Career Services
335 John Street
Rochester, NY 14623
ATTN: David Travaglini
Shipped materials arriving before "RIT Creative Industry Day" will be delivered to your booth prior to the start of the event. Please DO NOT send packages to the Gordon Field House.
For any items you wish to have shipped back to you after the event, please have return shipping labels filled out and ready to place on all return packages. These items will be shipped out the morning after the event, provided all necessary information is included on the shipping label.
If you are sending a messenger service to retrieve your booth/display, you may direct them to:
Rochester Institute of Technology
Gordon Field House
149 Lomb Memorial Dr.
Rochester, NY 14623
When you arrive on campus for RIT Creative Industry Day, please follow the signs to Parking Lot D which is directly in front of the Gordon Field House.
Here are hotel accomodations you may want to look into.