New Media Marketing BS
The Bachelor of Science in New Media Marketing major prepares students for a variety of positions, including product and brand management, marketing, research, advertising and B2B sales and sales. As marketing majors, students acquire knowledge of consumer and business buying behaviors and market research methods through a combination of academic education and cooperative education. The combination provides an understanding of problems related to a number of marketing areas: e.g., sales, product management, retail, research, advertising and product planning.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 70 undergraduate students enrolled in the program.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Students are required to complete one semester or two summers of Cooperative Education.
Salary InformationCo-op: $13.92 $9.00 - $18.00
Student Skills & Capabilities
· The new media marketing curriculum provide an understanding of business in general, and specific marketing operations with an emphasis on consumer buying behavior, marketing planning, digital business and business problem solving.
· Students receive core business preparation with courses in the functional areas of business (marketing, operations finance, accounting, information systems), as well as additional courses in communication, ethics and interpersonal skills.
· Students will learn to use theory and examples in creating real marketing plans for companies in the community. Through these projects, students will learn to work independently and in teams to achieve organizational objectives.
AccreditationAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) representing the top 5% of all business schools worldwide. Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
RankingsSaunders College of Business undergraduate and graduate programs are among ‘The Best 294 Business Schools’ according to The Princeton Review. US News & World Report 2017 Best Business School Rankings places Saunders #91 nationally, and #77 among the Best Undergraduate Business Programs. Poets & Quants ranked Saunders College of Business among the nation's Top 100 U.S. MBA Programs. Bloomberg Businessweek highlights include ‘Best Undergraduate Business Schools by Specialty 2013’ including: #14 Management Information Systems, #21 Entrepreneurship, #26 Marketing, #32 Corporate Strategy, #52 International Business. The Princeton Review also ranks Saunders #7 among ‘Top 25 Online MBA Programs’.
Training / QualificationsA wide range of educational backgrounds is suitable for entry into advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managerial jobs, but many employers prefer those with experience in related occupations. For marketing, sales, and promotions management positions, some employers prefer a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration with an emphasis on marketing. Courses in business law, management, economics, accounting, finance, mathematics, and statistics are advantageous.(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics O.O.H.)
Job TitlesProduct Analyst, Sales Representative, Marketing Research Associate, Marketing Manager, Business Analyst, Project Editor, Advertising Sales Account Executive, Product and Brand Manager, Retail Buyer, Digital Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Marketing Coordinator.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAccelerate Media, Ad Council, Brand Networks, Butler Till Media, Clever Method, Cloud Checkr, Dixon Schwabl Advertising, Inc., HubShout, Intuit, Kodak Alaris, Partners & Napier, Practis, The Hershey Company, ThirtySix Software, Vanguard, Wegmans, Xerox Corp, Avon, Walkt Disney, Next!, CGI Communications, Amazon.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Taylor Lincoln, the Career Services Coordinator who works with the New Media Marketing program. You can access information about services through our web site at https://www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603