Manufacturing Leadership MS
RIT’s Master of Science in Manufacturing Leadership (MML) is designed for experienced professionals moving to mid- and senior-level positions in operations, supply chain management, manufacturing, and process improvement. The program integrates business and engineering courses and emphasizes leadership, cross-functional teaming, global operations and supply chain strategy, total quality and “lean” thinking, process engineering, and systems-oriented business decision making. The MML program was developed jointly by the Saunders College of Business and the Kate Gleason College of Engineering to educate graduates to lead teams and organizations for successful competition in a complex global economy. A corporate-oriented Capstone project provides significant financial benefits to sponsoring companies and is an excellent opportunity for students to gain visibility. Classes are available on-lineor as a blend of on-line and on-campus courses.
- Master of Science in Manufacturing Leadership requires 30 credits.
- Approximately 15 students enroll annually. Most students are sponsored, but self-sponsorship is also common. Candidates must have at least two years of work experience. Students may enroll during any term.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Cooperative education is an optional part of the MML program. No academic credit is given.
Salary InformationNot available. Most students are employed in operations, supply chain, manufacturing, or engineering positions at local firms.
Student Skills & Capabilities
- Ability to make sound business decisions in a complex global economy
- Ability to manage the global supply chain
- Ability to manage global, multi-site production and operations
- Comprehensive understanding of quality and continuous improvement principles, with application to manufacturing and operations management
- Strong leadership and management skills applied to global high technology manufacturing
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAJL Manufacturing, Alstom, Ametek Power Instruments, Badge Machine, Bausch & Lomb, Caldwell Manufacturing, Car Engineering, Concentrix, Kodak, Delphi Automotive, Ferronics, General Electric, General Motors, Gleason Works, Gorbel, Graham Manufacturing, Harris RF Communications, Heidelberg, Hon, Hover-Davis, IBM, Integer (formerly Greatbatch), ITT Goulds Pumps, ITT Space Systems, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft Foods, Lapp Insulator, Lockheed Martin, Mellesgriot, Mindex, Nichols Team, Optimax, Parker Hannifin, Redcom Labs, Rotork, Sentry Safe, Sikorsky, Southco, Tabtronics, Tyco Plastics, Valeo, Welch-Allyn, Xerox.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in hiring RIT co-op, graduating students or alumni. We will make every effort to make your recruiting endeavor a success. Call our office and ask to speak with Annette Stewart, the career services coordinator who works with the Manufacturing Leadership MS program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at http://www.rit.edu/recruit.
Mark Smith, Director
Manufacturing Leadership Program
RIT . 09-4451 . 77 Lomb Memorial Drive .Rochester NY 14623-5608
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603