Imaging Science BS
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Science
- 45 students in undergraduate program, 30 students in MS program, and 75 students in PhD program.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Students are eligible to participate in optional co-ops or internships upon completion of 1st year courses. Participation is strongly encouraged.
Avg. Low - High
BS: $16.00 $12.00 - $23.00 $85,000
MS: $25.00 $18.00 - $58.00 $85,000
PhD: $36.00 $25.00 - $60.00 $100,000
Student Skills & Capabilities· Solid background in Calculus, Statistics, Linear Mathematics, Programming, Physics and Optics
· Students have an understanding of imaging systems and the comprehensive interactions of system components.
· Advanced courses in optics, radiometry, color science, imaging systems analysis, digital image processing, detectors, and computer vision.
· A senior research project in which the student works individually with a faculty member is required.
· Students are exposed to state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and research experiences and opportunities.
Students are adept at technical writing, oral presentation, and production of technical videos
Equipment & FacilitiesThe Center for Imaging Science was established at RIT to meet the growing need in government and industry for scientists with a broad understanding of imaging and imaging systems. The Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science is housed in a facility of approximately 75,000 square feet. The Center includes several fully equipped laboratories, including labs in visual perception, digital imaging and remote sensing, and optics. In addition, RIT is home to several other world class laboratories in related fields which are available to Imaging Science students for use in independent research or capstone projects.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAdobe, Amazon, Apple, Aptiva Imaging, Boeing, CACI, General Electric, Google, Harris Corp., Heidelberg, Hewlett-Packard, Adobe, Amazon, Apple, Aptiva Imaging, Boeing, CACI, General Electric, Google, Harris Corp., Hewlett-Packard, Hover Inc., Integrity Applications Inc., Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Lexmark, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, MITRE, Motorola Mobility LLC, NASA, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Naval Undersea Warfare Center, NVIDIA, EagleView, LLC, Ricoh Print Production, Sandia National Labs, Science Applications International Corp., Sherwin Williams, Technicolor, The Aerospace Corporation, Valspar, Vencore, Xerox.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in hiring RIT co-op, graduating students or alumni. We will make every effort to make your recruiting endeavor a success. Call our office and ask to speak with Morgan Faas, the career services coordinator who works with the Imaging Science program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at http://www.rit.edu/recruit.
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603