International and Global Studies BS
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 55 students are enrolled.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Students are encouraged to gain a global perspective through an international experience. This can include study abroad or an international co-op or internship.
Salary InformationCo-op: $11.00 $9.00-$13.00
Student Skills & CapabilitiesRIT students in International and Global Studies develop enhanced communication and language skills, competence in a world region or a major contemporary issue in International and Global Studies as a preparation for professional employment in government, international and nonprofit organizations and agencies or private corporations and businesses. A major in international and global studies (INGS) helps students develop transferable skills that are valued by employers. These skills include: analysis, research, writing, problem solving, and knowledge of other cultures and languages.
· Critical understanding of contemporary processes and impacts of globalization
· Student develop a multidisciplinary knowledge about broad global processes and at least one theme of global significance
· In-depth theoretical and factual knowledge of a particular region of the world
· Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in foreign language(s)
· Experience and initial competency in formulating, investigating, evaluating and synthesizing a research or investigative question
· Intercultural sensitivity, and critical awareness of stereotyping and ethnocentrism
Job TitlesInternational Relations Manager, Global Clinical Operations Director, US Foreign Diplomat, Cultural Anthropologists, Historian.
- • Our degree is a unique program that begins with a critical focus on globalization. We have shaped our degree around critical attention to and understanding about a core theme, namely globalization.
- • We provide the opportunity to study ten languages at RIT to advanced level.
- Our degree is designed to get our students to a high foreign language (or ASL) competency to make graduates effective in the workplace and graduate school.
- • Our students have exciting, unique, tailored international experiences abroad.
- Well-developed international programs and partnerships with other organizations that permits our majors to study or work in dozens of countries in every part of the world
- Students go abroad for several weeks, several months, for the summer, or for a whole academic semester.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career. We will make every effort to help you succeed. Call our office and ask to speak with Taylor Lincoln, the career services coordinator who works with the International and Global Studies program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at www.rit.edu/recruit. To learn more about the program visit pubpol.rit.edu.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603