Part-time & Graduate Enrollment Services
Applied Statistics (formerly Statistical Methods for Product and Process Improvement) Adv. Cert.
The advanced certificate in applied statistics is designed for engineers, scientists, analysts, and other professionals who want a solid education in the statistical methods that are most closely related to their work.
Applied statistics, advanced certificate, typical course sequence (semesters), effective fall 2013
|Course||Sem. Cr. Hrs.|
|CQAS-701||Foundations of Experimental Design||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||12|
To be considered for admission to the advanced certificate in applied statistics, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (3.0 strongly recommended),
- Have a satisfactory background in mathematics and statistics (preferably two courses in probability and statistics),
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit two letters of recommendation,
- Submit a current resume, and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are not required, however they may be beneficial for some students.
Students should have basic familiarity with MINITAB, SAS, or R statistical software. This may be obtained through self-study; short courses; or by completing Statistical Software (CQAS-611), which covers both SAS and R software.
Students must attain an overall program GPA of 3.0 (B), with no more than one grade of C, for graduation.
Maximum time limit
University policy requires that graduate programs be completed within seven years of the student's initial registration for courses in the program. Bridge courses are excluded.
Career OutcomesJob Titles
Quality Engineer, Reliability Analyst, Quality Manager, Statistical ConsultantRecent Employers
Bausch & Lomb, Delphi, Eastman Kodak Company, Genesee Metal Stampings, Harris RF Communications, Johnson & Johnson (Ortho Clinical), Moog, Southco, Welch Allyn, Xerox