Part-time & Graduate Enrollment Services
Service Systems (formerly Service Leadership and Innovation) Adv. Cert.
The advanced certificate in service systems offers service professionals cutting-edge skills, abilities, and applied service knowledge. The certificate will heighten the studentís capacity to function in todayís highly competitive and quickly evolving service environment.
The advanced certificate is made up of five courses that help students master the following concepts:
- understand service performance system design and implementation parameters,
- understand and use service value delivery system structures and processes,
- comprehend the evolving strategic environment of service-sector businesses,
- establish and use service-system elements/dimensions,
- build service metrics from feedback processes,
- understand and implement customer relationship management, and
- construct innovative approaches to service and managing those changes.
Service systems, advanced certificate, typical course sequence (semesters), effective fall 2013
|Course||Sem. Cr. Hrs.|
|SERQ-710||Evolving Contexts in Service||3|
|SERQ-720||Service Scenarios and Strategy Development||3|
|SERQ-730||Managing Not-for-Profit, Public Sector Projects||3|
|SERQ-732||Service Quality Process in the Not-for-Profit, Public Sector||3|
|SERQ-735||Data Mining in the Not-for-Profit, Public Sector||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||15|
The certificate may be completed as a stand-alone credential or serve as an entry point for the MS program.
The advanced certificate is open to qualified students who meet the requirements for graduate study. Certificate courses are introductory to graduate courses in each area and thus require no prerequisite course work. Qualified students may use individual courses or the certificate in other RIT graduate programs with the appropriate approvals.
Information regarding costs and the U.S. Department of Laborís Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code and occupational profiles for this program can be viewed on the ED Gainful Employment Disclosure Template.