An opportunity for prospective graduate students to visit RIT. Register to attend!
Friday, November 16th, 2018 - 9:30am - 1:00pm (check-in at 9:00am)
Please join us for coffee and a light breakfast during check-in at 9 AM. Admissions presentations and academic department visits will occur before a 12 PM luncheon. We invite all guests to stay for the afternoon and explore the 2018 Graduate Showcase that is open through 4 PM. See our agenda below for all the details!
RIT Campus, Rochester, New York
Student Alumni Union
What happens at an open house?
- Learn about our 100 graduate program options and your specific programs of interest:
- Art, Crafts, Design, and Graphic Communications
- Business, Management, and Communication
- Computing and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Health Sciences
- Science, Mathematics, and Imaging Science
- Social Sciences, Humanities, and Education
- Sustainability and Architecture
- Find out about financial aid, scholarships, assistantships that are available
- Get information about the admission process & requirements
- Meet program faculty & tour state-of-the-art facilities
- Hear about on-campus and off-campus housing
- Enjoy a campus tour
- Enjoy lunch with admissions counselors and current graduate students
- Meet with Career Services and Cooperative Education
Agenda for the day
|9:00 AM - 9:30 AM||
Registration and Breakfast
|9:30 AM - 10:45 AM||
Welcome and RIT Overview, Diane Ellison, Sr. Associate Vice President and Director, Graduate Enrollment Services Admission Counselor Introductions Graduate Student Liaison Introductions Groups escorted to academic departments/tour
1:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Academic Department Meetings with Faculty and Graduate Coordinators
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||
Lunch: Bamboo Room 2610 with current graduate students, admissions counselors and faculty Resource Fair with representatives from the Offices of Financial Aid, Housing Operations, and the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
GRADUATE SHOWCASE 2018: You are invited to continue your day at RIT and join us for this special afternoon! A wide variety of work is featured at the Graduate Showcase which will include traditional research presentations, group project discussions, engineering and design demonstrations, and visual arts presentations.
|1:00 PM - 2:30 PM||
Poster Sessions and Demonstrations (SUS)
|2:15 PM - 3:30 PM||
Oral Presentations - Session B (SLA)
|3:45 PM - 4:30 PM||Dr. Ray Pyucha, Chair Programming Committee (SLA) Three Minute Graduate Presentations - 2018 Winners
Announcement of Showcase Oral and Poster Presentation Winners
Wrap-up and Reception (SLA)
Dr. Twyla Cummings, Dean of Graduate Education
- RIT is a University known for innovation where creativity and technology work side-by-side, where the right and left brains collide.
- 100 different graduate programs (MBA, ME, MFA, MS, MST, Ph D, advanced certificates) - most in high-demand, high-paying fields.
- Generous scholarships, assistantships and fellowships are available - $24 million aid awarded to 2,600 grad students last year.
- 9,000 on-campus student jobs available.
- The University’s classrooms, labs and learning facilities and equipment are modern and state-of-the-art.
- RIT’s partnerships with hundreds of national and international corporate and government entities provide unmatched opportunities for research and career placement. Last year more than 650 recruiters from nearly 250 companies from across the US and two foreign countries attended our career fairs. Many of these employers consistently tell us that our students are the best-prepared.
- RIT and its faculty own a world-class reputation that earns immediate respect from employers around the world.
- Many of our grad programs are interdisciplinary, allowing you to benefit from and take advantage of the strengths of several of our colleges and their faculty.
- RIT offers you a large and growing International student body that will help prepare you to work with individuals from different cultures and countries in today’s global business society.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing students alike use access services to communicate with each other in a variety of extra-curricular activities associated with student clubs and organizations, entertainment and sports events, and RIT programs and services. If you will need access services to participate in this event, please schedule by calling (585) 475-6281.