Adult & Continuing Education Part-time Study
Although adult / non-traditional students are juggling careers, families and everyday lives, they have a unique advantage over traditional students - the ability to apply real world knowledge and experience in an appreciative, non-threatening environment.
As an adult learner you may be feeling apprehensive about returning to college, but don’t be! RIT has a support system that goes far beyond your family and friends, and we are ready to help you complete your educational goals. Take advantage of all that RIT has to offer, and so much more.
- Flexible evening and online class options
- Transfer credit-friendly programs
- Career fairs with more than 400 employers annually
- Experienced faculty with industry knowledge
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The 2012-2013 academic year will be the last that RIT operates within a quarter system with the typical academic year consisting of fall, winter, and spring quarter. Effective September 2013, RIT will convert its academic calendar to a semester system with the typical academic year including fall and spring semesters.
Announcements & Events
- Adult & Continuing Education Advising Sessions - July 16, 5-7PM - click for more info.
Though her studies were in metal sculpting, Gale Gand has earned herself quite a different reputation. She's a pastry chef with her own show on Food Network. [more]
From a Part-time Student
“The things I learned at RIT enabled me to be promoted to a senior image scientist and compete with other top-notch researchers” - Ray Ptucha, Senior Image Scientist, Eastman Kodak Company
- American Honda Foundation gives $55,000 to support RIT/NTID tech camps »
- Student rock-climbers reach new heights at 2013 National Championship »
- RIT holds math workshop for high school teachers »
- Power fully restored on campus »
- NASA-led study explains decades of black hole observations »
- Bruce Austin named director of RIT Press publishing enterprise »