Adult & Continuing Education Part-time Study
Although adult / non-traditional students are juggling careers, families and everyday lives, they have a unique advantage over traditional students - the ability to apply real world knowledge and experience in an appreciative, non-threatening environment.
As an adult learner you may be feeling apprehensive about returning to college, but don’t be! RIT has a support system that goes far beyond your family and friends, and we are ready to help you complete your educational goals. Take advantage of all that RIT has to offer, and so much more.
- Flexible evening and online class options
- Transfer credit-friendly programs
- Career fairs with more than 400 employers annually
- Experienced faculty with industry knowledge
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The 2012-2013 academic year will be the last that RIT operates within a quarter system with the typical academic year consisting of fall, winter, and spring quarter. Effective September 2013, RIT will convert its academic calendar to a semester system with the typical academic year including fall and spring semesters.
Rochester Mayor Bob Duffy was a city police officer, husband and father when he earned his RIT degree. He says it paid off. [more]
From a Part-time Student
“I can’t ignore the value of the content of my education-the business, leadership, and communication skills that I continue to learn in my course work not only help me achieve my short-term goals and enhance my current career, but will make my future goals that much easier to attain.” - Becky Cania, Corporate Communications Manager, Paychex, Inc.
- RIT enhances the tourism experience with mobile innovations »
- Taiwanese dancers and musicians open Taiwanese-American Heritage Week »
- East House college enrichment program opens June 3 at RIT »
- RIT’s Kate Gleason College of Engineering graduates its first class of chemical engineers »
- All Clear: Buildings 9 and 17 reopened »
- Video game design students win in Game Narrative Review Competition »