|Hours a Week||10-15||Hours||12pm-3pm|
|Start Date||09/29/2014||Post Date||9/16/2014|
Provide lunchtime coverage to the Senior Staff Specialist position. Serve as the receptionist in her absence; provide general clerical support to all staff in the Center for Campus Life Office; serve as a resource for students, parents, faculty and staff regarding the services our Center provides and be able to answer customer questions. Assist in planning and execution of special events put on by the Center.
1. Ability to answer the Center’s phone courteously, take messages and answer questions. 2. Schedule meetings and appointments using Outlook calendar for each of the staff members in the Center for Campus Life office. 3. Assists in the distribution of payroll checks. 4. Provide clerical support to the staff members in the Campus Life office, especially the Senior Director, Associate Directors and the Senior Staff Specialist. This includes typing, filing, copying, faxing, and distributing important papers. 5. Run errands on campus, especially to the HUB, Payroll, and Accounts Payable to assist in the smooth running of Center business. 6. Assist with office management and supply ordering.
1. Experience as a receptionist, staff assistant. 2. Priority will be given to students who are available for a long term (one year or more) assignment. 3. Sign language skills or familiarity with deaf/hard of hearing students preferred.
1. Friendly, engaging, enthusiastic, and outgoing. 2. Required understanding of Microsoft Office and the Outlook calendar program. 3. Ability to work independently as well as in a team. 4. Must be able to treat information obtained through work as confidential. 5. Must be able to treat people with respect and patience. 6. Organizational skills.
1. Sign Language
|To Apply Contact:||Barb Balcaen|
|Hours a Week||20||Hours||Flexible|
|Start Date||ASAP||Post Date||9/15/2014|
Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) is a department within the Controller’s Office in the Finance and Administration Division supporting post award external sponsored projects. This position has been developed to assist the SPA office with various accounting and clerical tasks. Preference will be given to those students with proven skills as resourceful, creative, detail oriented individuals with an aptitude for technology.
-Complete basic account reconciliations utilizing Excel and Oracle applications
- Prepare Excel templates and tie to Oracle general ledger activity
- Run Oracle grant statements and utilize data to send monthly standardized correspondence
- Data integrity review – verify standard information is reported accurately
- Data entry to Oracle flexfields
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Distribute the SPA incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Database entry to existing system
- Record retention
- Project file organization both paper and electronic
- Clerical duties including typing, filing, copying, faxing, scanning, delivery errands, organizing office supplies, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Excel (i.e. using formulas, copying, pasting)
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and an aptitude for numbers
- Understanding of debits and credits
- Handling confidential information – must sign confidentiality agreement
- Ability to work independently
- Must be reliable, dependable, and accurate
- Graduating May 2016 or later
-Intermediate Excel skills (i.e. sorting, pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Accounting Major or MBA
- ASL / Familiarity with deaf culture
- Attention to detail
- Available 15-20 hours per week
Note: To apply for this position, please forward a resume to email@example.com that includes your anticipated graduation date and your academic program and the number of hours you are available to work.
|To Apply Contact:||Kathi Lynch|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Department||Controller: Sponsored Programs Accounting|
|Hours a Week||15-20||Hours||Flexible|
|Start Date||ASAP||Post Date||9/8/2014|
TO APPLY, SEE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS IN "REQUIRED SKILLS" SECTION. Will ONLY consider second-year or third-year students having a 3.0 GPA or higher and who seek to stay in this job for at least one year. The successful applicant must be a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or have the ability to obtain the appropriate license to comply with the US Export Control Laws. This position requires at least some hours of work every day of the week and mandatory attendance at a meeting every Monday at 9:00 am.
The Center for Detectors Executive Assistant will: complete basic account reconciliations utilizing Excel and Oracle applications, generate purchase requests in Oracle, run Oracle grant statements and utilize data to send monthly standardized correspondence. Further tasks may include: preparing reports, developing marketing and communications plans, developing graphics design, handling information requests, performing clerical functions, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, purchasing, entering information into Oracle, web site editing, delivering mail, etc.
For a description of the Center, see http://ridl.cfd.rit.edu/.
The Center for Detectors designs, develops, and implements new advanced sensor technologies through partnership with academic researchers, industry engineers, government scientists, and university/college students. Currently, the Center has approximately a dozen funded projects funded by a range of sponsors, including NASA and NSF. The detectors that are being developed in the Center cover an immense range of diverse applications, including astrophysics, biomedical imaging, Earth system science, and inter-planetary space travel.
Completing tasks on schedule, ordering lab components, mailing packages, documenting work, other tasks listed in position summary.
High level of personal responsibility. Excellent mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Superb email etiquette. Excellent verbal communication skills, especially on the phone. Ability to assist others. A technical background is preferred, especially in any of the following areas: VHDL programming, IDL, electrical engineering, marketing, communications, graphics design.
To apply, send an email to to email@example.com and use "CfD Executive Assistant" in the subject line with the following attached: a resume, unofficial transcripts, and three names of professional references.
Also, please include in the email confirmation that you are a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or have the ability to obtain the appropriate license to comply with the US Export Control Laws.
|To Apply Contact:||Don Figer|
|Phone||Not Available||TTY||Not Available|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Department||Center for Detectors|