How to Grant Access to Parents, 3rd Parties and Sponsors
Inviting Parents or other 3rd Parties as an authorized user allows them to have access to your student account. You can also choose to allow them to see:
Parents and 3rd Parties must be invited by the student to have access to your account. This ensures that the Student Financial Services Office has permission to speak with them about your account.
1. To add Parents and 3rd Parties to an account, students should log into eServices with their RIT user name and password.
2. Click on the “Add/Delete Access tab on the left side of the page.
3. Click the link for "Add an account" and enter your Parent's / 3rd Party's / Sponsor's preferred e-mail address. You will see a confirmation page. Select "add", then click "okay". A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the invited e-mail address. If using the same computer, please note that you must fully close out of your internet browser before the Parent / 3rd party opens their confirmation email.
4. The Parent/3rd Party/Sponsor must follow the first link in the e-mail they receive in order to set-up their own RIT Computer Account. They will be taken to a secure form that they must complete and submit in order to obtain their own RIT Computer Account.
5. Once all the required fields are complete and the "Terms and Conditions" are agreed to, the Parent/3rd Party/Sponsor will be set-up with an RIT Computer Account. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that was used to invite them. Parents, 3rd Parties and Sponsors will login to eServices using the username and password for their RIT Computer Account.
6. Parents/3rd Parties/Sponsors need to complete the invitation process by verifying their student using the second link in the original confirmation e-mail. Students can resend the e-mail by clicking the envelope under "Add Parent/Payer Access" if necessary.
7. After clicking the link, Parents, 3rd Parties and Sponsors will be asked to confirm the student's birth date and University ID number. This process is only required the first time the access is activated.
8. Once the verification process is complete, Parents, 3rd Parties and Sponsors will be able to login to eServices using their own RIT Computer Account username and password. They can retrieve or change their password at https://start.rit.edu/, as well as update their e-mail address.