Fall Semester Fitness Make up Schedule
Click Here to view the schedule for Fall fitness class make ups
Free Intersession Fitness Classes!!
Better Me Fitness Program
Employee fitness is an important aspect of the RIT community. Better Me Fitness is a one-stop service department that provides comprehensive and convenient fitness and nutrition services to RIT faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, and local community members. Start improving your health today and let the Better Me fitness team help you meet your personal fitness and wellness goals!
Table of Contents
- Services and Benefits
- Fitness Team and Trainers
- RIT Better Me Fitness Classes and Class Schedules
- How to Register
- How to Pay
- Bounce Passes
Services and Benefits
The below listed services and benefits are available to RIT students, faculty, staff, spouses, alumni, and retirees.
All training programs and services are flexible and customizable to meet your needs. You choose the days, times, number of sessions, duration of sessions, and location (Student Life Center, Global Village, outdoors, online, at home).
- Fitness and Wellness Classes: A variety of unique and energizing classes are offered quarterly. Participants have flexibility to register for a specific class for the quarter, get a bounce pass to attend any/all classes, or get class passes to go to a certain number of classes. See the Fitness and Wellness Classes section below for more information and a class schedule.
- One-on-One Personal Training: Working with one of our expert fitness trainers, you will create an individualized, comprehensive fitness training plan that takes into account all aspects of fitness including cardiovascular training, resistance training, nutrition, and many others. Program design includes weight loss program design, strength/performance design, post rehabilitation, and functional movement for everyday activity, among others.
- Small Group Personal Training: Groups of 2 -4 people (grab a few of your co-workers or spouse!) will train and work with one of our expert fitness trainers. Programs are individualized and group participants do need to have the same goals or fitness level.
- Registered Dietitian Services: Nutritional counseling, and support by our registered dietitian. Why is having a registered dietitian important?
- Medgem (Resting Metabolic Test): This test measures the amount of calories your body burns at rest. This number is unique to each person and is vital for both weight loss and weight gain. Have your resting metabolism measured today!
- Free Consultations: Our team of fitness experts and trainers will help you jump-start and maintain your fitness plan. Schedule a free consultation today – your first step to a healthy lifestyle!
- Fitness Bundle: Take advantage of a number of the above services and benefits conveniently bundled together and available for purchase at a great value! Click here for more info.
- On-Campus Fitness Facilities: RIT employees have free membership to state-of-the-art fitness facilities including the Student Life Center , the Gordon Field House & Aquatics Center , and the Better Me Wellness Center at Global Village
Fees may apply to certain services and activities. For more information, please contact Joe Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 475-4345.
RIT is fortunate to have three Health and Fitness Specialists. Please contact them to make an appointment to discuss your needs.
Click here to meet your Health and Fitness Specialists!
RIT Better Me Fitness Classes and Class Schedules
Make fitness fun and select from a variety of unique classes offered right on campus! RIT offers great Better Me Fitness Classes. See the current schedule here.
- Classes typically range from $25 for a 30 minute class to $45 for a 50 minute class per semester. Take a Spinning class for an ENTIRE semester for only $45!
- Available to RIT faculty and staff, as well as spouses, alumni, and retirees that have a membership to the Student Life Center. Click here for information on how to become a member.
- All classes are conveniently held right on campus in the Student Life Center and Global Village.
- Classes are subject to change and may not be offered every semester.
Want to Learn more about the classes and their instructors? See the current class descriptions and Instructor bios here
Participation in the Better Me Fitness Program is voluntary and participants assume all risks, known and unknown, inherent to exercise and workout programs and/or injuries which may result from participation in such activities. It is recommended that you consult with your personal physician before starting any exercise or fitness program.
How to Register for Fitness Classes
If you have taken a Fitness Class at RIT in the past click here for step by step instructions
If you have not recently registered for a Fitness Class or have never taken a Fitness Class at RIT -
- Fill out a Registration Form at this link RegistrationForm
- You MUST submit your registration form to the Better Me Fitness Program at email@example.com or mail: Better Me Fitness, 6000 Reynolds Dr, Rochester, NY 14623(off campus) or through inter office mail: Better Me Fitness, Global Village Bldg 400. Please do not drop these off at the Registrars Office.
How to Pay for Fitness Classes
- After you register, you may pay in person at the Student Financial Services Office (1st floor, University Services Center); OR
- You may pay online at http://www.rit.edu/eservices/ Your balance shown under current account activity is the current balance due
- Payments can be made by eCheck and paper check without a fee. There is a fee for paying with a credit card (Master Card, VISA and Discover).
The deadline for dropping one of these classes and receiving a refund of the fee is one week after the start of class. For Fall Semester this is 9/3/13.
Want to take Boot Camp, but also wish you could take a few other classes? Take advantage of a Bounce Pass!
Better Me Bounce Pass- Attend any/all fitness classes offered for the semester (except for those classes noted) for only $90!
to obtain a Bounce Pass follow the same registration procedure as any other fitness class.
If you have questions about a bounce pass, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no refunds on Better Me bounce passes.
Participation in Better Me fitness and wellness programs is voluntary and participants assume all risks, known and unknown, inherent to exercise and workout programs and/or injuries which may result from participation in such activities. It is recommended that you consult with your personal physician before starting any exercise or fitness program.