RIT Alert is used to immediately notify the campus community upon the confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students, faculty and staff occurring on or near campus.
Although home phone numbers are loaded into Everbridge for the notification system, text messages and voice calls to mobile phones are primary, as delivery to mobile devices is much faster than to home phones.
Contact Information for Notification
Contact information for Everbridge comes from the HRIS (Oracle eBiz) for staff and faculty (including temporary and adjunct) and the SIS (PeopleSoft) for students.
- FACULTY/STAFF Instructions for adding/updating contact info for emergency notifications
- STUDENT Instructions for adding/updating contact information for emergency notifications
How will I know the message is from RIT Alert?
By the message sender:
- For a text message: 89361
- For a phone call: (585) 475-3200
- For an e-mail: RITAlert@rit.edu
Contact information collected by the Business Continuity Office is for use in the EMNS only. The Business Continuity Office will not use this Information for any other purpose than emergency notification. See RIT Policy D15.0, Educational Records.
This service is designed to alert individual participants when an emergency occurs requiring RIT community attention or action. It is critical that participants:
- DO input their information completely and accurately
- DO update their information when it changes
- DO NOT input false contact information
- DO NOT input others' contact information
Costs of Service
RIT Alert is provided free of charge to active RIT staff, faculty and students. There is no cost associated with participation in the service. However, participants are responsible for charges made by service providers related to text messages and mobile phone calls - actual and test messages.
RIT Alert will be tested annually (at minimum) in conjunction with with other communication methods. Additional testing may be conducted as part of drills and exercises, or as necessary.
Violations or More Information