Perform various general accounting tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced, customer focused setting. Responsible for completing reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining the University’s capital equipment records ensuring that departments adhere to property control standards. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the general ledger including reviewing and posting of journals entries and completing the monthly and year end closing process in Oracle.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Analyze journal entries processed by departments for appropriateness including manual entries and internal file feeds. Obtain appropriate documentation and maintain internal records. Post journals to general ledger in a timely fashion.
- Processes external file feeds.
- Coordinates month-end and year-end closings.
- Maintains Oracle general ledger account segments, combinations, cross-validation rules and parent accounts.
- Prepare Mass Additions tables and maintains equipment records in the fixed asset system.
- Coordinates an annual physical inventory for all Institute departments. Record changes (i.e., additions/deletions) in the fixed assets system.
- Provide asset tags to departments each month for equipment purchased during the prior month and recorded in the fixed asset system.
- Perform various bank reconciliations monthly.