Responsible for day-to-day operation of the general ledger including review and posting of all journals entries input into Oracle by departmental users, for providing excellent service while responding to inquiries regarding journal transactions and accounting procedure and delivery of Oracle application end user training.
- Reviews documentation for cross-departmental journals; Reviews and posts journals in Oracle.
- Reviews petty cash and cash deposits in general ledger.
- Coordinates month-end and year-end closings.
- Processes internal and external file feeds.
- Maintains Oracle general ledger account segments, combinations, cross-validation rules and parent accounts.
- Deliver accounting workshops and other training sessions as required.
- Act as primary point of contact for departments regarding special and designated project accounts.
- Acts as main point of contact for all users of the Oracle general ledger and accounts payable.
- Deliver Oracle applications training to the RIT campus community.