Financial Analyst-Fixed Assets
Responsible for maintaining the Institute’s capital equipment records and for ensuring that the Institute’s property control standards are adhered to by RIT departments.
- As the primary point of contact for fixed assets.
- Maintain the fixed asset system.
- Record gifts-in-kind received by RIT into the fixed asset system from information provided by the Development Office.
- Conduct an annual physical inventory for all Institute departments. Record changes (i.e., additions/deletions) in the fixed assets system.
- Provide asset tags to departments each month for equipment purchased during the prior month and recorded in the fixed asset system.
- Record depreciation for fixed assets monthly in the general ledger.
- Review previously approved general ledger fabricated equipment accounts and prepare journal entries to record completed equipment in the fixed asset system.
- Administer and account for capital project accounts including processing of funding entries and timely closeout of respective accounts.