To reduce the risk posed by password cracking software and the trend in computer worms and other forms of code that now use password attacks to spread, the following are minimum security standards for the Oracle applications that have been developed by the RIT Information Security Office.
- Your new Oracle password must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Have at least one number and one letter
- Your new password cannot:
- Have repeating characters
- Contain your username
- You cannot use the same password within 30 days.
Instructions for Changing Your Password Now
- Sign onto Oracle (www.rit.edu/myinfo)
- On your Personal Home Page, click on RIT Employee Self-Service
- Select Change My Password from the list
- At the bottom of the page you'll see a box that looks like this:
- Enter your old (current) password.
- Enter your new password (refer to the Password Standards above)
- Enter your new password again.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Remember your password - you'll need it the next time you sign on.
You will be required to change your password every 90 days.
If you have questions, about this information, or if you need assistance, contact an F&A Customer Support Specialist, at ext. 475-4752, or 475-2237.