100% Effort Charged to Federal Awards
RIT faculty charging 100% effort to federal awards only, for the entire 2.5 months, are required to complete the Plan of Work Summer 2012 Form. This form will provide a summary of the planned activities related to each federal award and document his/her understanding of the regulatory requirements when charging 100% effort to federal awards for the entire summer quarter. The form is reviewed and approved by the faculty member’s department head/center director and dean to assure that, if other activities required of the faculty member reduce the available effort that would be devoted to sponsored activities, he/she will reduce proportionally the percentage of effort charged to federal source(s) of funds.
If a faculty member charges 100% salary to federally sponsored projects, none of the activities listed below are allowed at any point during the summer.
- Work on research projects not covered under the grant(s)
- Teaching preparation
- Administrative activities
- Business or conference travel except when exclusively related to grant-related work
- New or competing proposal preparation
The faculty member charging 100% summer salary to federally sponsored projects is required to complete this PDF fillable form.
- Name - Faculty member's name
- Acknowledgements - Review the acknowledgement statements and check the boxes to indicate understanding and agreement
- Project # - Oracle five digit project number
- Abbreviated Project Title - Project short name / "nickname"
- % Effort - % Effort devoted to the activities listed for each specific project
- Activities - List the major activities planned for the summer quarter
- Total Effort - The total percentage of effort on the form must equal 100%. (If the percentage of effort charged to federally sponsored projects is less than 100% this form is not required.)
- Signatures - Faculty member, department head/center director and dean signatures
- Forward form to Sponsored Programs Accounting prior to entering the Summer Salary Payment online
SUMMER SALARY PAYMENTS ARE PROCESSED ONLINE IN THE ORACLE SYSTEM EVEN IF THIS FORM IS REQUIRED.
If you require any assistance with the Plan of Work Summer 2012 Form, please contact your SPA representative or Kathi Lynch, PI Mentor Training Specialist at email@example.com, x 5-2957. For SPA rep departmental assignments, please refer to the Sponsored Programs Accounting website