Escape the E-Mail Vortex - Tips, Tools and Techniques to Tame Your Inbox
Tired of being overwhelmed by your e-mail? Are you using your in-box as a “to-do list”, a contact manager, a calendar, or a filing cabinet? How many e-mails do you have in your in-box – 100…250…500…more than 1,000? If so, you aren’t alone! Learn how to properly manage your e-mail so that you can enjoy the benefits of this great tool. Get control of your e-mail so that it doesn’t control you!
During this session, you will learn:
- The proven secrets of managing e-mail
- Who contributes to the e-mail overload
- The 5 misuses of an in-box
- The golden rule of managing e-mail
- Disadvantages of a full in-box
- 5 steps for clearing out an overloaded in-box
- Strategies for incoming e-mail management
- 3 tips for significantly reducing spam
- Strategies for managing outgoing e-mails including 4 options for directing e-mail traffic
- 5 tips to improve overall performance, processing, maintenance and more!
All registrants will receive course notes, Tips, Tools and Techniques for Managing E-mail, a 21 page how-to tip sheet and a Next Step Guide which contains a step-by-step strategy for getting your e-mail under control.
By attending the Escape the E-mail Vortex session, you will learn how to create and maintain a proven strategy for cleaning out your in-box. You will have the ability to control your “e-mail ecosystem” instead of allowing it to control you!
This session is best suited for MS Outlook users on a Windows operating system. It will not include information on the MS Outlook Web App, (RIT's mymail system.)
New sessions to be announced.
This session is facilitated by Ann Michael Henry, Mise En Place.
If you require interpreting services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.