Tired of being overwhelmed by your e-mail? Are you using your in-box as a “to-do list”, a contact manager, a calendar, or a filing cabinet? How many e-mails do you have in your in-box – 100…250…500…more than 1,000? If so, you aren’t alone! Learn how to properly manage your e-mail so that you can enjoy the benefits of this great tool. Get control of your e-mail so that it doesn’t control you!
During this session, you will learn:
- The proven secrets of managing e-mail
- Who contributes to the e-mail overload
- The 5 misuses of an in-box
- The golden rule of managing e-mail
- Disadvantages of a full in-box
- 5 steps for clearing out an overloaded in-box
- Strategies for incoming e-mail management
- 3 tips for significantly reducing spam
- Strategies for managing outgoing e-mails including 4 options for directing e-mail traffic
- 5 tips to improve overall performance, processing, maintenance and more!
All registrants will receive course notes, Tips, Tools and Techniques for Managing E-mail, a 21 page how-to tip sheet and a Next Step Guide which contains a step-by-step strategy for getting your e-mail under control.
By attending the Escape the E-mail Vortex session, you will learn how to create and maintain a proven strategy for cleaning out your in-box. You will have the ability to control your “e-mail ecosystem” instead of allowing it to control you!
This session is best suited for MS Outlook users on a Windows operating system. It will not include information on the MS Outlook Web App, (RIT's mymail system.)
This session is facilitated by Ann Michael Henry, Mise En Place.