Tired of being overwhelmed by your email? Are you using your inbox as a “to-do list”, a contact manager, a calendar, or a filing cabinet? How many emails do you have in your inbox – 100…250…500…more than 1,000? If so, you aren’t alone! Learn how to properly manage your email so that you can enjoy the benefits of this great tool. Get control of your email so that it doesn’t control you!
During this session, you will learn:
- The proven secrets of managing email
- Who contributes to the email overload
- The 5 misuses of an inbox
- The golden rule of managing email
- Disadvantages of a full inbox
- 5 steps for clearing out an overloaded inbox
- Strategies for incoming email management
- 3 tips for significantly reducing spam
- Strategies for managing outgoing emails including 4 options for directing email traffic
- 5 tips to improve overall performance, processing, maintenance and more!
All registrants will receive course notes, Tips, Tools and Techniques for Managing Email, a 21 page how-to tip sheet and a Next Step Guide which contains a step-by-step strategy for getting your email under control.
By attending the Escape the Email Vortex session, you will learn how to create and maintain a proven strategy for cleaning out your inbox. You will have the ability to control your “email ecosystem” instead of allowing it to control you!
This session is best suited for MS Outlook users on a Windows operating system. It will not include information on the MS Outlook Web App, (RIT's mymail system.)
This session is facilitated by Ann Michael Henry, Mise En Place.