Mastering Pivot Tables
Pivot Tables are interactive tables that automatically extract, organize, and summarize data. You can use this report to analyze the data, make comparisons, detect patterns and relationships, and discover trends. Pivot Tables allow you to summarize data in a spreadsheet quickly and easily using a graphical “drag and drop” interface. Data from Pivot Tables can also be used to create charts. This workshop will show you how to set up your data to be used in a Pivot Table and then create basic and advanced Pivot Tables. The capabilities of Pivot Tables will be explored and these Pivot Tables will be formatted, modified, and filtered. In addition, Pivot Charts from the data will also be created and manipulated.
Upon successful completion of this course, student will understand the following topics:
- Describe the basic uses of a pivot table.
- Understand how data must be structured for a pivot table.
- Create an unduplicated list of items using pivot tables.
- Calculate frequencies using a pivot table.
- Use pivot tables to calculate sums and averages.
- Format elements in a pivot table.
- View underlying data in a pivot table cell.
- Create and manipulate charts with pivot table data.
Over the course of four lessons the following topics will be covered:
Lesson 1: Pivot Table Overview
- Explore the capabilities of Pivot Table Reports
- Organize data for the Pivot Table Report
- Selecting fields for a Pivot Table Report
Lesson 2: Working with Pivot Table Reports
- Adding and removing fields in a Pivot Table Report
- Edit a Pivot Table Report
- Change the Summary Function in a Pivot Table Report
- Apply formats to a field
Lesson 3: Sorting & Filtering Pivot Table Reports
- Filter a Pivot Table Report
- Show and hide Pivot Table Report details
- Sorting Pivot Table Report Data
Lesson 4: Working with Pivot Table Charts
- Create and manipulate a Pivot Chart
- Edit and format a Pivot Chart
- Pivot Table Report Troubleshooting
Prerequisite: Excel Level 1 Training
New Horizons is RIT’s preferred computer training vendor. Additional on campus sessions may be added by CPD at anytime. If you are interested in attending additional computer training courses, please visit New Horizons Computer Training Center website for course titles, outlines and scheduled classes. If you are interested in registering for a class at New Horzions Computer Training Center, please contact The Center for Professional Development at 5-5313 for registration information, (fees may apply.)
If you require interpreting services, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.