Early Intervention is an important process for all members of our community to learn and understand. This training will help us promote a safer community for all on campus and will ensure that all members of our community will receive the care and attention they need to be successful at RIT.
The purpose of this training program is to raise our awareness as it relates to recognizing disruptive behaviors and the resources available to manage potentially dangerous situations.
This informative 1-hour session will outline the four steps in the early intervention process:
- Recognize disruptive behaviors
- Know what Resources are available
- Refer students and others to services and providers
- Reconnect to help keep the student engaged and in the community
- Report all crimes to Public Safety that students and employees share with you (Proxy reporting option)
This session is required for all members of the RIT faculty and staff community.
This session is facilitated by RIT Human Resources