Workshop VIII: Introduction to Accounting for Grants and Contracts
This introductory workshop in the SPARC program is designed to provide Principal Investigators and staff responsible for grant and contract administration with an understanding of RIT and sponsor policies and procedures related to the management of externally funded projects. We will cover the following topics:
- processes and procedures for recording transactions on projects
- the most useful Oracle reports to assist with monitoring expenses
- sponsor compliance requirements
- accounting for cost share commitments
- an overview of indirect costs and facilities and administrative charges
- a review of who is responsible for various post award tasks.
Attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to begin to manage sponsored projects as well as where to obtain assistance when questions arise.
Prerequisite: It is recommended that employees attend Accounting Practices, Procedures & Protocol Workshop I: Introduction to Accounting. To obtain the SPARC, employees must also complete the required workshops in Track I - Accounting Practices, Procedures and Protocol series.
This session is supported by the RIT Accounting Department.
If you require interpreting services, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.