In the Accounting for Cost Share Commitments workshop, the attendees will obtain information about:
- what a cost sharing commitment is
- what can be counted as a cost share expense
- how cost share expenses are recorded on the grant project
- how cost share expenses are funded
- how to determine an appropriate spending rate.
Actual examples will be used throughout the workshop to illustrate the concept of cost share commitments.
Prerequisite: It is recommended that employees attend Accounting Practices, Procedures & Protocol Workshop I: Introduction to Accounting. To obtain the SPARC, employees must first complete the required workshops in Track I - Accounting Practices, Procedures and Protocol series and attend Workshop I: Introduction to Accounting for Grants and Contracts, Workshop II: Other Direct Costs and Workshop III: Compensation and Effort Reporting in the SPARC series.
Due to limited seating, registration is restricted to participants who are currently working with a grant or contract.
This session is supported by the RIT Accounting Department.