Optional Meal and Debit Plans
Skip the shopping, standing in line, cooking, and doing the dishes! We'll take care of it all when you sign up for a meal or debit plan!
If you are a(n):
- Upper-classman (second year status or higher), Transfer, or Graduate student residing in RIT housing (apartments, University Commons, Global Village, and approved Greek housing)
- Student living in non-RIT housing (e.g. commuter, Province, Park Point, or other local housing)
You may select one of the residential meal plans or one of the following debit plans. The selected debit amount is deposited into a debit account that may be used as cash in all Dining Services areas.
NOTE: Upper-classman (second year status or higher), Transfer, or Graduate student residing in the residence halls and the RIT Inn may only select the All Debit Plan or one of the residential meal plans, and are not eligible for Debit Plans 1, 2, and 3. For fall term only, entering freshmen whose credit hours rise above first-year status (due to AP credit or college courses taken in high school) are still considered first-year students and may not select the All Debit Plan. The All Debit Plan may be selected, however, beginning winter term.
2012 - 2013 Debit Plan Rates
|Debit Plan||Debit Amount||Total Cost Per Quarter||Average Daily/Weekly breakdown (EXAMPLE ONLY)|
|All Debit||$1,497||$1,497||$19 per day / $136 per week|
|Perfect for students who typically eat three meals on campus per day and like to buy groceries on-campus to cook meals.|
|Debit Plan 1||$589||$589||$8 per day / $54 per week|
|Perfect for students who snack through the day, commuters, and like to buy groceries on-campus to cook meals.|
|Debit Plan 2||$714||$714||$9 per day / $65 per week|
|Perfect for students who typically eat one meal on campus per day and like to buy groceries on-campus to cook meals.|
|Debit Plan 3||$870||$870||$11 per day / $79 per week|
|Perfect for students who typically eat two meals on campus per day and like to buy groceries on-campus to cook meals.|
Benefits of Debit Plans
Debit plans are worth-while, cost-conscious options and include a number of benefits, including:
- 8% tax savings on purchases made in all Dining Services locations, excluding markets and convenience stores.
- 15% savings on all-you-care-to-eat meals at Gracie’s.
- Accepted at all dining locations and vending machines.
- Can be used to purchase grocery items and ingredients for home-cooked meals at any of the markets and convenience stores on campus, saving you time and a bus trip and fare/car ride and gas!
- Unused balance rolls over until the end of the academic year.
- All Debit Plan: 100% of the debit plan balance and 100% of debit voluntarily deposited will be rolled over at the end of fall and winter term. Any unused balance at the end of spring term is forfeited.
- Debit Plans 1, 2, and 3: 100% of the unused portion of the debit plan balance and 100% of debit voluntarily deposited will be rolled over at the end of fall and winter term. Any unused balance at the end of spring term is forfeited.
- Quick, easy, and convenient purchasing of food items and meals.
- Add money and view your transaction history anytime online at eservices.rit.edu or in-person by visiting Student Financial Services (USC, first floor) during normal business hours. Students - log on to eservices.rit.edu to grant account access to your parent/payer to check balances and make deposits.
- No need to carry cash.
- Billed directly to your student account.
- Check your balance anytime online at eservices.rit.edu or with any dining service cashier.
For questions on meal and debit plans, please call (585) 475-2071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.