- Special Dietary Options
- General Healthy Options
- Need help locating specific food items? Ask our experts!
RIT Dining Services recognizes and embraces our diverse community of customers, all with different dining preferences and needs. To accommodate special dietary restrictions/preferences and support healthy eating on campus, we offer a wide selection of healthy foods and foods for those with dietary restrictions in all of our dining locations. In addition, our custom nutritional labels, Smart Seals, and NetNutrition web tool assists you in selecting menu items and meals right for you.
We offer all of the below special dietary foods and menus throughout many of our dining locations.
- Low sodium
View our side-by-side comparison chart and international dining options page for a full list of dining locations that offer the above - and look for our Smart Seals to easily identify dietary preferences and restrictions!
All RIT dining locations offer a variety of fresh and healthy food options that accommodate and support healthy living on campus. In addition, our skilled staff incorporates a wide range of healthy preparation, production, and cooking techniques that substitute unhealthier food items with healthier options. Healthy options available in all dining locations are listed below. If you're interested in healthy eating at home, try some of our printable SmartNutrition recipes.
- When available, we use fresh produce supplied by local regional farmers and the RIT Community Garden. TIP: Not sure which of your favorite NYS fruits and veggies are available and in season? Use this handy chart of harvest times from the Pride of New York!
- Vegetarian entrees and soups using tofu, meat substitutes, grains, legumes, and/or all vegetables
- Whole grain and wheat pasta
- Whole grain and low carbohydrate bread
- Rice, soy, and almond milk
- Lactaid 100% lactose-free, non-fat milk
- Light dressing alternatives
- Greek and low fat yogurt
- 97% fat free turkey
- Egg whites
- Low fat and fat-free dairy products
- Stir fry options grilled to order using healthy alternatives (water, olive pomace oil)
- Canola, olive oil, and zero trans fat blended oils
- Trans fat-free oil for frying
Our friendly and knowledgeable managers are more than happy to assist you in selecting and finding foods that fit your dietary needs and preferences. Simply ask for a manager at any of our dining locations or contact them using our staff directory and he/she will guide you through your dining selections!
For further assistance related to special dietary needs, healthy options, nutritional information, and food allergens, visit the Ask Our Dietitian page or contact our registered dietician, Mary Anne McQuay at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.