FMS provides both chargeable and non-chargeable services to the RIT community. Click the appropriate link for a complete listing of Chargeable (C) or Non-Chargeable (NC) services. Routine requests should be submitted either on-line, by fax, or by e-mail. We acknowledge all e-mail requests by return e-mail within one business day. Maintenance requests requiring an immediate response, such as a burst pipe or the loss of heat, should be phoned into the FMS Operations Center at (585)475-2842 or (585)475-6771. If the request requires access to a restricted area such as a student's dorm room, a time when our staff can gain entry will need to be scheduled.
Submitting a Request
- Maintenance Request (NC)
- Events Request Form - Use this form to:
- Order tables, chairs, pipe & drape, linens, tents, other event needs
- Request room setup
- Request grills
- Project Request (C)
- Key or Lock Change Request (C)
- Sign Request (C)
- Shipping Request (C) (Shipping Information)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and phone number.
Call (585)475-7332. Include your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
During normal working hours call (585)475-2842, or (585)475-6771 (TTY (585)475-7125).
After hours leave a voice message at any of the numbers listed above. If immediate response is necessary, as in case of an emergency, call Public Safety at (585)475-3333 or (585)475-2853.
FMS is located in Building 99 at the corner of Wiltsie Rd. and John St. (Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 8:00 a.m. to noon (except for holidays observed by RIT).
Tracking an Existing Request
Services Provided by Other Departments
- RIT Inn - call RIT Inn front desk at (585)359-3100
- Telephone Problems - call Telecommunication Services at (585)475-5800
- Data/Internet Problems - academic buildings call ITS Help Desk (585)475-4357 or (585)475-2810 (TTY). Residence Halls & apartments call Resnet Office (585)475-2600 or (585)475-4927 (TTY).
- Cable TV Problems - call Time Warner at(585)756-5000 or (585)756-1685 (TTY)