FMS provides Chargeable and Non-Chargeable services. Routine requests should be submitted online. Maintenance requests requiring an immediate response, such as a burst pipe or the loss of heat, should be phoned into FMS at (585)475-2842. If the request requires access to a restricted area such as a student's dorm room, you must tell us a time when our staff can gain entry.
Submit a Request or Track Existing Request Online
FMS has launched a new work order system, which you can access using the Maintenance Request link below. While the system looks slightly different, you will still be able to submit work orders and check the status of work orders you and others have submitted on your behalf. If you experience problems entering or retrieving a work order, please contact the FMS Service Operator at 475-7278.
- Maintenance Request (non-chargeable) The CenterStone work order system will be impacted by planned maintenance on Saturday, October 10, 2015 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. You may not be able to submit a work order during this time. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Public Safety at (585) 475-2853. If your request is not an emergency, please submit a work order after 8:30 pm on Saturday.
During normal working hours call (585)475-2842, or (585)475-6771.
After hours leave a voice message at any of the numbers listed above. If immediate response is necessary, as in case of an emergency, call Public Safety at (585)475-2853.
FMS is located in Building 99 at the corner of Wiltsie Drive and John Street.
Services Provided by Other Departments
- RIT Inn - call RIT Inn front desk at (585)359-3100
- Telephone Problems - call Telecommunication Services at (585)475-5800
- Data/Internet Problems - academic buildings call ITS Help Desk (585)475-4357 or (585)475-2810 (TTY). Residence Halls & apartments call Resnet Office (585)475-2600 or (585)475-4927 (TTY).
- Cable TV Problems - call Time Warner at(585)756-5000 or (585)756-1685 (TTY)