Service Request & Tracking

FMS provides Chargeable and Non-Chargeable services. Routine requests should be submitted online. Maintenance requests requiring an immediate response, such as a burst pipe or the loss of heat, should be phoned into FMS at (585)475-2842. If the request requires access to a restricted area such as a student's dorm room, you must tell us a time when our staff can gain entry.

Submit a Request or Track Existing Request Online

FMS has launched a new work order system, which you can access using the Maintenance Request link below. While the system looks slightly different, you will still be able to submit work orders and check the status of work orders you and others have submitted on your behalf. If you experience problems entering or retrieving a work order, please contact the FMS Service Operator at 475-7278.


During normal working hours call (585)475-2842, or (585)475-6771.

After hours leave a voice message at any of the numbers listed above. If immediate response is necessary, as in case of an emergency, call Public Safety at (585)475-2853.

In Person

FMS is located in Building 99 at the corner of Wiltsie Drive and John Street. 

Services Provided by Other Departments

  • RIT Inn - call RIT Inn front desk at (585)359-3100
  • Telephone Problems - call Telecommunication Services at (585)475-5800
  • Data/Internet Problems - academic buildings call ITS Help Desk (585)475-4357 or (585)475-2810 (TTY). Residence Halls & apartments call Resnet Office (585)475-2600 or (585)475-4927 (TTY).
  • Cable TV Problems - call Time Warner at(585)756-5000 or (585)756-1685 (TTY)

FMS Employee Information