Parking Regulation News
The Parking and Transportation Services office has implemented various recommendations resulting from the Comprehensive Parking and Transportation Strategy. Please review the 2008 Strategy documents and the the resulting parking regulation changes, new programs and other information you will need for parking on campus.
RIT Bicycle Program – In cooperation with the RIT Cycling Club, additional bicycle amenities and bike routes will be available throughout campus as a first step in RIT’s bicycle program. Future phases of the program are identified in more detail in the Comprehensive Parking and Transportation Strategy.
Enhanced Shuttle Services – Visit the improved bus schedules since the number of buses providing service on campus has doubled and provides more room. Buses run every 10 minutes during the day. In addition, transit services will stop at the Park Point residential areas and at Barnes & Noble. The Green Line and late evening shuttle routes have also been modified.
2010-2011 Parking Regulation Changes
- Resident Student parking restrictions in academic lots will be in effect from 5 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Academic lots include: D, E, F, G, H, J, M, L, R, S, T, U. Grace Watson Circle, Kate Gleason Circle, Sol Heumann Circle, CIMS West are for reserved parking only.
- Resident students include anyone living in the following areas: Park Point, Colony Manor, Perkins Apartments, University Commons, Riverknoll and the residence halls.
All vehicles on campus must be registered each year with the Parking Office. The online registration process is quick, easy and at your finger tips.
- Log into myParking Account using your RIT computer account and password.
- Review address and vehicle information on your "myParking Account" for accuracy.
- Complete vehicle registration. and indicate if you want vehicle registration decal and permits mailed.
If you do not have an RIT computer account, print a vehicle registration application form.
- Reserved parking permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They may be purchased online when you register your vehicle.
- Only our commuter population - non-resident students (defined aboved) or employees, are eligible to purchase Reserved Permits.
- Single lot reserved permits are available for lots D, E, F, J, M, R, S, U, Grace Watson, NRH Circle, Sol Heumann Circle, and CIMS West.
- Multi-lot permits allow access to lots J, F, E and M only. The multi-lot permits are limited to the north campus lots only.
- Single-lot or multi-lot permits may be purchased for one, two, or three quarters, or for a full year; limited quantities will be available.
- Online payment options are: Visa, MasterCard, payroll deduction, or billed through a Student Financial Services account. Other payment options such as check, money order and cash are accepted at the Parking Office.