Motorcycles and similar licensed, insured vehicles must be parked in areas designated for these vehicles and/or in regular parking spaces. Motorcycles are specifically prohibited from being operated or parked/stored in areas other than those designated for motor vehicles. Motorcycles must be registered with the Parking Office. Permanent designated motorcycle only parking areas are currently available in the following Lots C, L, V, Colony Manor and Perkins Green Apartments.
In order to accommodate the increased demand for motorcycle parking and encourage sustainability on the RIT campus, Parking and Transportation Services has increased the number of motorcycle parking spaces throughout campus. These additional spaces are for seasonal use only (Spring, Summer, and Fall quarters), and are located conveniently in lots D, K, S, T, and U. The new areas are front row and identified by temporary signs. Courtesy of PATS, parking for motorcycles is free; a Reserved parking permit is not required in any of the specifically designated Motorcycle areas. These seasonal Motorcycle spaces are not available during Winter Quarter. Please see map for exact locations.
- Motorcycles (as all vehicles) must be registered with the Parking Office.
- Motorcycles and similarly licensed, insured vehicles must be parked in areas designated for such vehicles and/or in regular vehicle parking spaces.
- Motorcycles are specifically prohibited from being operated, parked or stored in areas other than those designated for motor vehicles.
- Riding or parking on campus sidewalks, breezeways or other non-motorized paths is prohibited.
- Currently designated Motorcycle Only parking areas are located in lots C, L, M, and V. Newly added spaces are in lots D, K, S, T and U.
- A Reserved permit is not required for motorcycles to park in Reserved areas designated for motorcycle parking.
- Motorcycles may not park without a Reserved permit in any Reserved space that is not specifically designated for motorcycles.
- Long-term storage of motorcycles during Winter or Summer Quarters is not currently available on campus.
Apartment Complex Motorcycle Parking Areas
Colony Manor Apartments: Two new areas are now available and designated for motorcycle parking on the east side of the complex (see map). Complex residents may have both a vehicle registration permit and a motorcycle permit. Due to physical parking constraints, residents of Colony Manor must park their non-primary vehicle in the overflow parking area (A-Lot).
Perkins Green Apartments: Due to physical parking constraints, residents of Perkins Green must park their non-primary vehicle in the overflow parking area (K-Lot). Motorcycles may be parked in any marked general space in the complex. Both vehicles must be registered for the complex.
Riverknoll Apartments: Motorcycles must be registered for the complex.
University Commons: Residents may keep both a passenger vehicle and a motorcycle in the UC complexes. Both vehicles must be registered for the complex.
Residence Halls: There are designated motorcycle parking areas in C-lot are permanent. Seasonal spaces are located in K-lot. Passenger vehicles must be registered, parked and stored according to First Year or Upperclass status assignments.
Designated motorcycle areas and number of available spaces are subject to change. If you have difficulty finding an area to park your motorcycle, simply park in a general parking space then contact the Parking Office with your concern. PATS will monitor this program and adjust the seasonal spaces and location, as needed.