Housing at Global Village
For work or play, residents enjoy lounges with flat-screen TVs and study rooms with whiteboards that are located on every floor. Additionally, community kitchens and laundry rooms with flat-screen TVs and sitting area are located on the first floor of each residential building. Photo Credit: David Lamb Photography.
Global Village, RIT's new residential and commercial complex, provides second-year students a state-of-the-art global living experience and community. Supporting the global and entrepreneurial missions of RIT, Global Village prepares students to enter the global community and culturally-diverse workforce through educational programming, unique activities, and a worldly living environment.
- Furnished and carpeted suites with kitchen, living room, and two full bathrooms.
- Furnished and carpeted suites with living room and two full baths.
- Single and double room options within suites.
- Multiple rent rates to accommodate different student preferences.
- Lounges with flatscreen televisions on every floor.
- Study rooms on every floor.
- Community kitchen on the first floor of each complex building.
- Free wireless access.
- Free laundry facilities.
- Beach volleyball court that is transformed into an ice rink during the winter.
- Smoke-free and alcohol-free environment.
- LEED certified.
Global Village offers a unique selection of specialty housing for students looking to enhance their experience at RIT.
Study Abroad Housing Cluster
The Global Village study/co-op abroad housing cluster is a program for students who are committed to studying and/or doing a co-op abroad. The housing cluster provides a global environment and community that assists students in preparing for and transitioning to an international experience.
Visit the RIT Study Abroad and Fellowships website for more information.
The RIT Entrepreneurs Hall is a new academic and student cohort program located on the fourth floor of the Global Village 400 building. The Entrepreneurs Hall forms the basis of a new-to-the-world holistic entrepreneurship program that combines:
- A residential community in Global Village
- Cohort entrepreneurship courses
- Unique entrepreneurial coops
- Business and general academic mentoring
- 24/7 access to the student incubator
Students that complete the program receive a minor in entrepreneurship and have the opportunity to gain course credit for maturing a business concept. The program also includes a roughly equal mix of technology, creative, and business students. This allows students to develop effective teams to mature new businesses and commercialize technology concepts. As the students’ projects mature, they are assigned an alumni/business mentor to assist them with their projects.
Visit the RIT Simone Center for Entrepreneurship website for more information.
RIT Dining Services offers optional debit plans specificially for students residing in Global Village. The Cantina and Grille offers Salsarita's (fresh Mexican fare), RIT's Global Grille (rotating international cuisines), and Oishii Sushi. Salsarita's also has a bar (21+ only) that offers food services and drink specials. Also located a few feet away is the Global Village Market, which offers a wide variety of international and common foods, spices, produce, baked goods, Fair Trade coffee, and gifts from around the world. For more traditional fare, the Café and Market at Crossroads offers a market-style food court, convenience store, Starbucks coffee beverages, and Freshens smoothie bar.
RIT is dedicated to providing our students convenience, ease, and peace of mind alongside their academic endeavors. Global Village contains many services and amenities that are only a few feet away, as well as state-of-the-art security features, which include:
- Residential buildings locked 24/7 and building card access is required
- Duress alarm in each suite
- Security cameras located throughout complex
- RIT Public Safety patrol route
- Blue light emergency phones
Additionally, one or more Resident Advisers (RAs) are present on each floor. Resident advisers within RIT's Center for Residence Life work with students to create, support, and maintain an atmosphere that fosters meaningful, educational, and personal growth experiences. Resident advisers have direct contact with residents of their floor and work closely with floor members to solve problems, develop community, and assist with any needs.