The RIT Student Dental plan provides cost-effective dental care provided by network dentists at treatment locations in close proximity to RIT's campus. Students are able to utilize this plan at a reduced benefit level at out-of-network dental providers when away from campus. The plan is underwritten by Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield of the Rochester Region.
The plan provides up to $500 maximum dental benefits per member per policy year.
Covered services include:
- Oral exams (twice annually)
- Dental x-rays
- Cleanings (twice annually)
- Emergency treatment to relieve pain
(Refer to the dental brochure for full description of benefits and exclusions.)
Services provided by the qualified dentists at the plan's treatment locations at the University of Rochester's University Dental Faculty Practice Group or Eastman Dental School are paid at 100% of the scheduled benefits. Dental services received out of network are paid at 50% of the benefits schedule for RIT's area.
Other important facts:
- Open enrollment occurs during the first 30 days of each semester. Enrollment form must be mailed to Excellus at the address noted on the form.
- The policy period covers September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015 or upon receipt of payment if enrollment is after fall semester. (No prorating of premium.)
- Dependent coverage can be added for a student with a family.
- Premium will be billed to the student at the home address.
Note: Refer to Student Dental Plan brochure for specific details and exclusions.
Claims can be submitted by submitting the claim form directly to Excellus.