RIT requires all students to have adequate medical insurance that applies in the Rochester area. This requirement enables access to health care when medical needs arise that require services provided outside of RIT's Student Health Center. Please note: Medicare and Medicaid policies issued outside of New York state do not provide adequate coverage for services rendered within New York.
If a registered student does not have adequate coverage through a personal or family policy, this requirement may be satisfied by enrolling in the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan. A copy of the Aetna brochure is available here.
- Domestic Students: Enrollment is purely voluntary. Registered students can enroll at: http://universityhealthplans.com. Select "Rochester Institute of Technology" and choose whether to charge the premium to your student account or pay directly by credit card, check or money order.
- International Students: All registered international undergraduate and graduate students (full and part time) on A, B, E, F, G, I, J, K, O, Q, R and V visas will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be billed for the fee each semester. For additional information or for the international student waiver form, visit http://universityhealthplans.com
- 2014 Graduates: Students Graduating in 2014 who are currently enrolled in the 2013-14 plan can purchase continuation coverage by calling University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448 prior to August 15, 2014 or before your policy termination date if earlier.
New and returning domestic students who desire coverage in the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan for 2014-15 will need to take action to enroll through University Health Plans, Inc. no later than September 30, 2014.
Enrollment can be done online or by mail. Payment can be by credit card, check, money order or the premium can be added to your student account. Additional information including the plan brochure with detailed coverage information, online enrollment, enrollment forms for mailing, and temporary ID cards are available at http://universityhealthplans.com. Questions can be answered by calling University Health Plans at 800-437-6448 ext. 114.
2014-15 Plan Information:
*** New this year!
Unlimited maximum benefit for both medical and prescription services
- Preferred Care services are covered at 90% of the Negotiated Charge, Non-Preferred Care at 70% of the Recognized Charge (which means that you will be responsible for 10% or 30%, respectively). However, there is no deductible or co-pay and no more internal maximums for accidents and sicknesses.
- Your out-of-pocket maximum is $6,350 for Preferred Care
- Preventative care (including physicals and immunizations) is covered at 100% in-network, 70% out-of-network
- Prescription copays remain at $10/Generic, $30/Brand Name
International Late terms
|Domestic Students||Full Year||Fall Semester (International Student Billing Only)||Spring/summer||International Late Terms Only|