Get ready for the End of the Year!
The end of the academic year is quickly approaching and things are only going to get busier for you as the semester progresses. RIT housing contract end date: Please plan to move out of your RIT housing 24 hours after your last exam unless you are graduating or working graduation.Your 2017-2018 housing contract officially ends Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Graduating students and students working graduation contracts end Sunday, May 13, 2018 at noon.You must plan your departure from RIT based on these dates.
If you applied for summer housing, you may remain in your current assignment until your specific move date. Refer to the Summer Housing Brochure
Below is a check list to keep you on track for the end of the year.
- Make transportation arrangements that coincide with your move-out date and time as stated above.
- Make arrangements for off-campus storage. Storage is not allowed in RIT housing. You may not leave belongings with a roommate or a friend who may be staying in RIT housing for the summer to use, store, or watch over. Your belongings must be taken off campus.
- Resolve any undocumented damages in your room. Contact Donna Black, Housing Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org to note any damage concerns. Unresolved damages will be billed equally to all students on contract for spring semester.
- You may submit maintenance requests online at myhousing.rit.edu. Submitting a maintenance request does not negate your responsibility if repairs are a result of negligence and/or misconduct.
- Remove all trash and unwanted items, vacuum, and wipe down the furniture and shelves before you leave. Help the custodial staff who has taken care of your floor all year long by taking your bags of trash to the outside dumpster in your area.
- Donate any unwanted goods to Goodbye, Goodbuy! Give your used goods to the campus thrift market at donation locations in your building and near your dumpsters during finals week.
- If you have applied for summer housing, you may remain in your current assignment until your specific move date, at which time you will move to summer interim housing. Refer to the Summer Housing Brochure
Room Key Return:
- Return your room key/card by completing a key return envelope. Place your room key/card in the envelope. Residence hall students should return it to Housing Operations in Grace Watson Hall. Keys can be returned 24/7 using the drop box outside of the office door. RIT Inn students should submit the envelope to the front desk of the Inn.
- Failure to return your key by your scheduled move-out date will result in a $100 lock change charge.
- Do not mail back your keys, they will not be processed, and will not result in the reversal of a lock change or charge.
Mailbox Key Return:
- Residence hall students: Return your mailbox key to the NRH post office during business hours or 24/7 using the mail key slot outside of the office.
- RIT Inn students: Return your mailbox key to the front desk of the RIT Inn 24/7
- Forwarding Address: To submit your forwarding address information, go to rit.edu/fa/hub/forms.html and click on Address Forwarding under Forms.
We hope this checklist helps you prepare for the end of the academic year and checking out of RIT housing. Please contact us with any questions. Thank you for living in RIT housing!