Newly accepted students must:
- Pay the $300 Accept/Tuition Deposit to reserve your place in RIT's entering. This can be done online via secure links off of the Office of Admissions web pages.
- Submit the Freshman Housing Contract using your RIT computer account.
- If you have created an account as part of the admissions process, this same account becomes your RIT student account upon payment and processing of accept/tuition deposit.
- If you did not create an account as a part of the admissions process, you will receive an account activation email from RIT, once your accept/tuition deposit is paid or waived. This email provides an activation link and instructions on how to set up your RIT computer account via the email address that you provided on your application.
- You must wait 1 - 2 business days from processing before going online to myhousing.rit.edu to complete your housing contract.
- Please note: You are responsible for establishing your RIT computer account. Once your accept/tuition deposit is received you will also receive an official RIT student email address. Your RIT student email address will automatically become your preferred email address in our system. All official email communication from RIT will be sent to your RIT email address. Please check your RIT email on a regular basis or set your RIT account to forward to an email address you check frequently. If you have questions or need assistance, visit start.rit.edu or call the ITS Service Desk at 585-475-HELP.
Be sure to read the 2012-2013 Campus Living brochure and be prepared to answer questions about your meal plan, roommate requests, Lifestyle floor options, as well as Special Interest Housing preferences.
Please note - If you are applying to a Special Interest House, please compose your answers to the House’s questions in a Word document prior to beginning the online housing contract submission to avoid timing out. You can then copy-paste the answers into their appropriate fields. Click here for a PDF of the 2012-2013 Special Interest Housing Application.
Visit the Housing portal at myhousing.rit.edu to access the online Freshman Housing Contract.
If you require a paper copy of a housing contract, or have any questions, contact Housing Operations at 585-475-2572 or email@example.com.