Check this web page frequently for more Housing Selection 2013 information including step-by-step sign-up instructions, info meeting dates and times, our handy RIT Housing Selector Quiz, and virtual tours of all RIT housing communities. Like us on Facebook for up-to-date info on Housing Selection 2013!
- What is Housing Selection?
- When do I sign up?
- How do I sign up?
- Step-by-step sign-up instructions
- Why is RIT housing right for me?
- Virtual tours
- RIT Housing Selector Quiz (Beta)
- The Housing Connection
Housing Selection is the process that students must participate in to obtain RIT housing for the 2013-2014 academic year.
|Phase I Renewals||Phase II Non-Renewals|
|For students currently living in RIT apartments, UC suites, and the RIT Inn who want to renew their contract for the space they are currently living in for the 2013-2014 academic year.||For students who are currently living in the residence halls, Global Village, and Greek Free Standing. This phase is also for students who are currently in RIT apartments, UC suites, and the RIT Inn who did not renew their contract for the 2013-2014 academic year. Students who are living off-campus or on coop or study abroad may also participate in this phase.|
Housing Selection 2013 sign-up begins in December.
|Phase I Renewal Sign-Up Dates||Phase II Non-Renewal Sign-Up Dates|
December 3 - 6
Step 1: Renewal sign-up
December 12 - 21
Step 2: Roommate Adds
December 12 - January 10
Step 1: Complete contract and create roommate groups
January 21 - February 15
Step 2: Assignments will be made
You will complete and submit your RIT housing contract online at myhousing.rit.edu beginning in December.
Phase I Renewals
Phase I Renewal Sign-up Instructions - click to view instructions on how to renew your current housing for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Roommate Addition Process – click to view a video on how to fill out and submit the online Housing Signatures Form to:
- Invite a student into an RIT housing vacancy
- Accept an invitation to be added into an RIT housing vacancy
- Tips and important things to remember
Phase II Non-Renewals
Use our Phase II Non-Renewal Workbook (PDF) to sign you and your potential roommates up for RIT housing easily!
You may also attend one of the following presentations to learn more about Phase II sign-up. All presentations are interpreted.
Thursday, November 8
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Ingle Auditorium, SAU|
Sunday, December 2
|7:00 - 8:00 p.m.||Ingle Auditorium, SAU|
|Tuesday, December 4||5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||CSD Student Dev. Center, room 1300|
|Thursday, December 6||5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||CSD Student Dev. Center, room 1300|
RIT housing offers you a secure, supportive, and inclusive environment for living and learning. We offer a variety of special interest and lifestyle housing communities, as well as a number of features and amenities all at an affordable value to make your college living experience as comfortable and carefree as possible.
Benefits of RIT housing:
- 9-month contracts that coincide with the academic year.
- No subleasing.
- Students leaving for co-op or study abroad have no fees for early termination and have a reduced-rent option to hold space.
- Safe and secure environment with card swipe access, RIT Public Safety patrols, and on-site RIT Residence Life community staff.
- Close proximity and on-campus convenience ensure a memorable and connected college experience.
- Affordable value with per month rates ranging from $324 to $1144 that includes five free weeks of rent.
- All utilities and features included (high-speed wireless, local phone and standard cable service, laundry facilities, study rooms and resources, furnished and unfurnished options, and more).
- Range of housing types that fit any lifestyle need and preference – everything from single to multiple occupancy residence halls rooms and suites to apartments and townhouses.
- Variety of special interest and lifestyle housing communities.
- Inclusive environment for living and learning that supports the RIT calendar and academics.
- Easy online services via the myhousing.rit.edu portal for students to submit housing contracts and room inventory assessments, search for and select their own roommate(s) and room, and much more.
View virtual tours of all RIT housing communities and learn more about the convenience, security, features, and services offered by RIT Housing Operations! To view virtual tours, simply click on the housing type you're interested in the "Topics" navigation list at the top left of this page.
Take our three-step housing quiz to find the RIT housing option that's perfect for your lifestyle and budget!
Students looking for RIT housing or additional roommates can use our online Housing Connection service. Visit rit.edu/fa/housingconnection for more information.