This policy applies to all regular employees.
RIT recognizes that certain factors may interfere with an employee's effective performance, including attendance. These problems may be caused by physical or psychological illness, alcohol or drug abuse, family concerns or financial problems. RIT’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential resource available to employees.
- May contact the EAP and confidentially as follows:
- Identify behavior, performance or attendance problems
- Discuss issues with employees
- Seek advice from EAP or Human Resources Services Manager (HRSM)
- Recommend or mandate EAP (with approval from Human Resources) as a condition of continued employment
- Counselors meet with employees and recommend sources for treatment
- In cases of mandated referrals, communicate course of action to supervisors
- Advise HRSMs when appropriate
Edited September 2010