RIT’s Innovation and Creativity Festival is coming up on Saturday, May 7.
Imagine an event that showcases the wide array of talent, skills and innovation - exhibited by the RIT community. Imagine thousands of people coming to this event. Imagine the RIT campus alive with the sights sounds and smells of a community festival. This was Dr. Destler’s dream just a few short years ago. It is now a reality.
There will be over 350 exhibits covering a wide range of topics from arts, dance, and design to gaming, software and energy and everything you can imagine in-between.
Imagine RIT exhibitors are not just students. Many staff members also have exhibits.
Below are examples of some staff exhibits to check out:
- Traveling RIT Goodwill Ambassadors in their “green vehicle” traveling around campus.
- Visit the Super Hero Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival - where you can draw your own superhero.
- Make Your Own Kind of Music in unique ways
- Explore The HARP exhibit where you can listen to and learn about the harp
PLAN YOUR VISIT:
The Imagine RIT website has a great feature for planning your visit to the festival called Plan Your Day
As you look through the exhibits simply click on “Add to itinerary” those exhibits you would like to visit. When you “View Your Itinerary” you get a printable list of the exhibits you chose, grouped by color coded location! No more wondering around campus looking for those particular exhibits you want to visit.
LOTS OF FOOD
What would be a festival without great food? Imagine RIT is no different. Look for Italian sausage, gyros, spiedies, kettle corn, cotton candy, fried cheesecake, Dippin’ Dots and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. Need I say more?
- COME EARLY! There is a lot to see.
- The Festival Begins @ 10AM-5PM
- Free Admission
- Free Parking – First Come First Serve on Campus- Additional Parking will be at MCC with Shuttle service to campus
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
TELL US MORE:
If you’re an exhibitor, please logon and tell us about your exhibit.
If you’ve been to Imagine RIT in the past, share your favorite highlights with us.
Hope to see you there!