Hot off the presses…. read all about it… RIT Creates New Website for Sports Camps.
RIT created a brand new website for all the Sports Camps that are run here at RIT during the summer and throughout the year. The camps are run for kids and teens (the ages varies by sport).
What is great about this website is that it is a central place online where parents can find out all the information on each sport and what is being offered. It also creates a centralized streamlined registration process and takes the administrative headaches away from the coaches so they can focus on the kids and coaching.
The website: www.RIT.edu/sportscamps/
RIT Sports Camps currently running sessions this summer:
- Hockey (Boys Ages 9-14: August 8/15-8/19, 8/22-26)
- Lacrosse (Boys Ages: 7-18: July 18th-22nd)
- Soccer (Boys Ages 13-18: July 21-24) (High School Girls: July 10-13)
- Volleyball (Girls Ages 10-18: July 11-14, July 15-17, July 18-22)
Below is an excerpt about the Camps from Lou Spiotti the Director of Athletics at RIT
“At RIT we are committed to providing the community with an unparalleled set of programs conducted by our outstanding coaching staff. RIT is proud to present a well rounded camp conducted on world class facilities. The playfields and indoor facilities and arenas rate at the top of all collegiate institutions. You will find each and every day enjoyable, productive and memorable. Our goal is to have you leave our campus a better athlete than when you arrived. Furthermore, you will develop friendships and associations that will last for many years to come.
Whichever camp you choose you have our promise to deliver the very best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you!”
On a Final Note many Thank Yous are in order:
Creating this new website was a yearlong project and involved many people’s input from across the university and I’d like to thank some of those people for their involvement:
- Bill Bianchi who was the Project Manager
- Greg Moss from Athletics who was the Camps point person
- The Coaches who took the lead in the development: Jake Coon, Cliff Devries, Liz Masterson, and Jim Lodes.
- Raman Bhalla, Randy Church & Harry Groover from ETC who created an outstanding website
- Betty Santiago from Student Financial Services
- Sue Benson from Athletics
- Lynn Purdy from the Controller’s Office
- Melinda Ward from Risk Management
- Lou Spiotti, Dr. Mary Beth Cooper and Dr. James Watters for supporting this project