To be considered for admission to the Ph.D. program in sustainability, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (course work must include at least one year of college science and one year of college mathematics including calculus and statistics),
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE),
- Submit official transcripts (in English) from all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit at least two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation. Referees should send recommendation letters by email to email@example.com or via postal service directly to Graduate Enrollment Services.
- Participate in a personal interview with the faculty committee (by teleconference if necessary), and
- Complete a graduate application.
International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum scores of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based) are required. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are accepted in place of the TOEFL. Minimum scores vary, however, the absolute minimum score required for unconditional acceptance is 6.5. For additional information about the IELTS, please visit www.ielts.org.