Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative Events
- Crisis Management for Consumer Businesses - Consumer-oriented businesses today face major reputational risks when a crisis hits. Especially in the food & beverage sector. News of an environmental contamination, unfair global trade practice, food safety recall, sexual harassment lawsuit or government investigation can directly impact their brand and customer loyalty. That’s why it’s so important for executives to anticipate these issues and have a roadmap in place for managing them. Join Nixon Peabody’s Food, Beverage & Agriculture group for a primer on effectively managing a crisis while preserving consumer confidence and brand equity. Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.; Nixon Peabody LLP, 1300 Clinton Square, Rochester, NY 14604. Register online here. For more information, contact Amy Drysdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sustainability in Food Processing Workshop - A no-cost interactive workshop designed to share cost minimization, process optimization and sustainability best practices for food processors. Learn how local companies are implementing sustainability practices to improve their bottom line and reduce their environmental footprint. Company representatives and NYS Pollution Prevention Institute engineers will present case studies of current projects and share information. Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Rochester Institute of Technology, Slaughter Hall/Building 78 – CIMS Conference Center. The workshop is being offered at no cost, but registration is required. Reserve your spot by calling (585) 475-2512 or emailing email@example.com by June 11. A brochure describing the workshop can be downloaded here.
Click here for the workshop presentation.
- NYSERDA Agriculture Energy Efficiency Program (AEEP) - Applications for the AEEP program are now being accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis through December 1, 2015 by 5:00 PM Eastern Time or until funds are exhausted. AEEP offers assistance in identifying and implementing electric and natural gas energy efficiency measures to eligible farms and on-farm producers, including but not limited to: orchards, dairies, greenhouses, vegetables, vineyards, grain dryers, and poultry/egg. Farms must contribute to the Systems Benefit Charge (SBC). Under AEEP, you may apply for an energy audit, project incentives, or both.
For more information on AEEP, refer to the Program Opportunity Notice (PON) 2644, which
is available here.
- Food Processing Training Program - Applications for the Genesee County Economic Development Center (GCEDC) Food Processing Training Program are available now. The deadline for submitting applications is April 15, 2013. Applications are available at the Genesee County Career Center, 587 East Main Street, Suite 100, East Town Plaza, Batavia, NY 14020. Applicants will need to complete a Customer Registration Form at the Genesee County Career Center as well as submit an up-to-date resume, and, if required, participate in a math/reading test and a follow-up interview. The training program, developed by GCEDC, GCC, RIT, FLFPCI, and Cornell University, will benefit the area’s existing food processing companies. It will also prepare a workforce for companies in the Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park.
- MCC Agriculture and Life Science Institute - December Update - From Monroe Community College's partnership in the Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative to helping towns throughout Monroe County develop farmland protection plans, the Agriculture and Life Science Institute is expanding educational opportunities and impacting local agricultural economic development. Click here to read the latest ALSI "Agricultural Update" newsletter.
- Exporting: Opportunities for Market Expansion - A FLFCPI interactive workshop specially designed for food processors and producers in the 9-county Finger Lakes region interested in expanding their market base outside of the U.S. Topics include: Intro to the Mechanics of Exporting; Global Opportunities for Food Cluster Businesses; Sustainable Supplier Opportunities; Exporting Experiences of NYS Business Owners; State and Federal Resources Available. The workshop was held on November 9, 2012. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Rochester Institute of Technology. Click here for the workshop presentation.
- DOL's Seth Harris discusses FLFPCI at RIT - U.S. Deputy Secretary of Labor Seth Harris visited the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology on May 21 to learn more about the Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative from the program team. Harris also met with local businesspeople and educators on job creation and economic growth opportunities in the Finger lakes region. Click here to see a photo story on the event by RIT news; a local media story on Harris' visit is available here.
Finger Lakes Food Processing Related Events
- Farm Food Safety Training with GAPs - December 10-11, 2013. Fire Training Center, 7690 State Street Rd., Batavia, NY 14020. (click here for more information)
- Annual Meeting and Annual Forum - January 9, 2014. New York State Agricultural Society, co sponsored by the NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets. Holiday Inn, 441 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, NY 13088. (click here for more information)
- American Farm Bureau Federation 2014 Annual Convention - January 10-15, 2014. San Antonio, TX. (click here for more information)
- New York Beef Producers’ Association Trade Show - January 17-18, 2014. Holiday Inn, 441 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, NY 13088. (click here for more information)
- Northeast Organic Farming Association Winter Conference - January 24-26, 2014. The Saratoga Hilton, 534 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. (click here for more information)
- 2014 American Frozen Food Institute Frozen Food Convention - February 22-26, 2014. San Diego, CA. (click here for more information)
- New York State Maple Producers Association Maple Weekend - March 22-23 & 29-30, 2014. Various locations. (click here for more information)
- 2014 Food & Beverage Environmental Conference - March 23-27, 2014. Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, 3425 Solano Avenue, Napa, CA 94558. (click here for more information)
- 2014 Food Logistics Forum - June 1-3, 2014. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe, 111 Country Club Drive, Incline Village, NV 89451. (click here for more information)