Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative Events
- NYSERDA Agriculture Energy Efficiency Program (AEEP) - Applications for the AEEP program are now being accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis through December 1, 2015 by 5:00 PM Eastern Time or until funds are exhausted. AEEP offers assistance in identifying and implementing electric and natural gas energy efficiency measures to eligible farms and on-farm producers, including but not limited to: orchards, dairies, greenhouses, vegetables, vineyards, grain dryers, and poultry/egg. Farms must contribute to the Systems Benefit Charge (SBC). Under AEEP, you may apply for an energy audit, project incentives, or both.
For more information on AEEP, refer to the Program Opportunity Notice (PON) 2644, which
is available here.
- Food Processing Training Program - Applications for the Genesee County Economic Development Center (GCEDC) Food Processing Training Program are available now. The deadline for submitting applications is April 15, 2013. Applications are available at the Genesee County Career Center, 587 East Main Street, Suite 100, East Town Plaza, Batavia, NY 14020. Applicants will need to complete a Customer Registration Form at the Genesee County Career Center as well as submit an up-to-date resume, and, if required, participate in a math/reading test and a follow-up interview. The training program, developed by GCEDC, GCC, RIT, FLFPCI, and Cornell University, will benefit the area’s existing food processing companies. It will also prepare a workforce for companies in the Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park.
- MCC Agriculture and Life Science Institute - December Update - From Monroe Community College's partnership in the Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative to helping towns throughout Monroe County develop farmland protection plans, the Agriculture and Life Science Institute is expanding educational opportunities and impacting local agricultural economic development. Click here to read the latest ALSI "Agricultural Update" newsletter.
- Exporting: Opportunities for Market Expansion - A FLFCPI interactive workshop specially designed for food processors and producers in the 9-county Finger Lakes region interested in expanding their market base outside of the U.S. Topics include: Intro to the Mechanics of Exporting; Global Opportunities for Food Cluster Businesses; Sustainable Supplier Opportunities; Exporting Experiences of NYS Business Owners; State and Federal Resources Available. The workshop was held on November 9, 2012. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Rochester Institute of Technology. Click here for the workshop presentation.
- DOL's Seth Harris discusses FLFPCI at RIT - U.S. Deputy Secretary of Labor Seth Harris visited the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology on May 21 to learn more about the Finger Lakes Food Processing Cluster Initiative from the program team. Harris also met with local businesspeople and educators on job creation and economic growth opportunities in the Finger lakes region. Click here to see a photo story on the event by RIT news; a local media story on Harris' visit is available here.
Finger Lakes Food Processing Related Events
- 2013 Food Logistics Forum - June 2-4, 2013. Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, 101 Montelago Boulevard, Henderson, NV, 89011. (click here for more information)
- World Pork Expo - June 5-7, 2013. Iowa State Fairgrounds, 3000 East Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA 50317. (click here for more information)
- Finger Lakes Culinary Bounty 2013 Annual Dinner - August 5, 2013. Geneva On The Lake, 1001 Lochland Rd., Route 14, Geneva, NY 14456. (click here for more information)
- Empire Farm Days - August 6-8, 2013. Rodman and Son Farms, 2973 State Route 414, Seneca Falls, NY 13148. (click here for more information)
- The Great New York State Fair - August 22-September 2 , 2013. 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13209. (click here for more information)
- 89th Annual Meeting New York State Association for Food Protection - September 17-19, 2013. 6301 State Route 298, East Syracuse, NY, 13057, USA. (click here for more information)
- Northeast Dairy Convention - September 22-24, 2013. The Otesaga , 60 Lake Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326. (click here for more information)