Health Systems Administration
To be considered for admission to the MS program in health systems administration, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited college or university,
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (or superior endorsement),
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals who have the opportunity to observe the applicant’s work output,
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate coursework,
- Complete an interview with the program chair (for those without health care experience), and
- Complete a graduate application, http://www.rit.edu/emcs/ptgrad/grad_admission.php
It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of three years of experience in a health care or health-related organization as either a practitioner or manager. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may be asked to complete certain undergraduate courses as a bridge for the content knowledge required for the graduate program. They may also be required to complete a graduate level internship in health care prior to graduation.
All credentials must be submitted and reviewed by faculty prior to the completion of 12 semester credit hours of graduate work in the program.