Mission Goals & Outcomes
The Mission of the Nutrition Management Program at the Rochester Institute of Technology is based on the philosophy that a college graduate should have a broad-based education.
This encompasses meeting the current and future needs of students including preparation for registration eligibility and successful supervised practice as well as careers in the changing food and nutrition environment.
The Goals of the Nutrition Management Program
- Demonstrate ability to integrate scientific information and research into practice.
- Develop communication skills and professional behaviors for entry into pre-professional practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for clinical and customer service including: development and delivery of information, products and services to individuals, groups, and populations.
- Apply principles of management and systems to deliver programs and services.
- Demonstrate foundational or support knowledge for dietetics profession.
- Prepare students for successful application to accredited supervised practice programs and/or graduate school and to become competent entry level Dietitians.
- Prepare graduates to continually participate in professional development.
Program Outcome Goals of the Nutrition Management Program
- Over a five year period, the program will receive at least an 80% first time pass rate on RD exam. (current data = 98% first time pass rate on RD exam)
- Over a five year period, 75% of all students who apply will achieve successful acceptance to an accredited supervised practice program. (current data = 98% acceptance into a supervised practice program)
- Over a five year period, 60% of DPD students will apply to supervised practice programs the academic year they complete the program. (current data = 96% applied to supervised practice program)
- 75% of students enrolled are expected to complete the program within 150% (3 years from the start of the third year) of the time planned for completion. (current data = 100% of students complete the program)
- 95% of supervised practice directors will verify that students were adequately prepared for supervised practice. (current data = 100% of supervised practice directors verified that students were prepared)
- 95% of graduates who complete supervised practice will verify that they were prepared.
(current data = 100% of graduates verified that they were prepared)
- 85% of DPD students applying to graduate school will be accepted. (current data = 100% of students were accepted)