- Grants &
- Press &
Provost's Learning Innovations Grants
The Provost’s Learning Innovations Grants (PLIG) program was developed to broaden and enrich the learning experience of RIT students by funding faculty-initiated projects that enhance student learning. More than 200 RIT faculty projects have received funding since the program was initiated in AY 2000-2001 and all full-time RIT faculty (tenured, tenure-track, visiting, lecturers) are eligible to apply.
Now accepting applications for the 2017 cycle. Access the application here!
The launch of the Innovative Learning Institute (ILI) in 2012, and its charge to assist in the creation of exceptional learning experiences for students, led to a revitalization of the PLIG program to:
- Better support dissemination of results to RIT faculty
- Integrate funding with institute priorities
- Support the scholarship of teaching and learning
There are two types of PLIG grants:
- Exploration Grants are funds for "proof of concept" investigations into the development, adaptation, or application of a new, different, or untried teaching approach, practice, or procedure.
- Focus Grants provide funds for faculty to develop, apply, and/or research an innovative mode or model of teaching and learning that directly supports an RIT priority.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or comments about Provost’s Learning Innovation Grants.