Innovation at RIT
The world is moving at warp speed.
RIT has an opportunity to make lives and society better. Innovation and creativity are the key ingredients, with technology and the arts stirring the formula for an extraordinary future.
We believe RIT can help lead this movement to improve our lives and make the world a better place. Faculty, staff and students have welcomed the opportunity to become a part of the innovation vision. An RIT education must prepare students to lead and participate in diverse teams that design and implement innovative solutions to vexing problems.
So what are we doing about it?
RIT has many wide-ranging initiatives in the works. We are already deep in planning our next Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival. In terms of curriculum, we have teams looking at ways to integrate innovation and creativity into existing curricula. We have created an Innovation Curriculum Working Group to provide broad recommendations for how innovation and creativity can be hallmarks of the RIT curriculum portfolio.
In our quest to become a global “Innovation University,” we envision the center becoming one of the most visible and dynamic symbols of innovation at RIT.
Here is a sample of innovation at RIT:
- Center for Student Innovation
- Venture Creations: The RIT Business Incubator
- The Albert J. Simone Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Scholarship and Research at RIT
- Faculty Institute on Teaching and Learning (FITL)
- The Caroline Werner Gannett Project
- Innovation News
- Master’s degree in Innovation Management
- Master’s degree in Service Leadership and Innovation (Executive Leader option)
- Summer programs at RIT