Register to be an Imagine RIT Volunteer!
Before you register, please note the following criteria:
- You have the desire to be a volunteer.
- You enjoy interacting with all kinds of people in a fun, festival environment.
- You are at least 16 years of age.
- You plan to attend a training webinar and/or review our comprehensive training manual.
How do I know if I registered already?
You should have received a confirmation email with your volunteer assignment(s) for Imagine RIT 2014, which is Saturday, May 3rd.
What if I registered and my assignment is still unclear? What if I need to change or cancel my volunteer assignment?
Please contact Heather Cottone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585.475.7856
How do I know what to do as an Imagine RIT volunteer?
Download and read our volunteer training manual, or pick up a copy along with your t-shirt (see dates and times below).
Attend one of two volunteer training webinars being offered (see dates and times below).
Will I have time to eat lunch at Imagine RIT?
If your shift is during a time you would normally eat, please plan accordingly by bringing water and a snack with you. Volunteers will receive a meal card at the time of check-in, and this card is good on the day of the festival for use either before or after their shift(s).
What should I wear?
Imagine RIT volunteers will receive, and are expected to wear, a volunteer t-shirt that may be picked up in advance or on the day of the festival at the time of check-in. See pick-up dates below.
In case of inclement weather, please add layers underneath your t-shirt, in order to give full credit to our sponsors, the logos of which appear on the backside of t-shirts. If you must cover your t-shirts, we do have rain ponchos and large pins that may be placed on a jacket or sweatshirt so visitors will still know you are a volunteer.
Training for Imagine RIT is a two-step process. While training is not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged to help make your volunteer experience and the experience of festival visitors a pleasant one.
- Download and read our volunteer training manual, or pick up a copy along with your t-shirt (see dates and times below).
- Attend one of two volunteer training webinars being offered.
Both webinars will have the same general content related to the festival and RIT. Each webinar will contain important assignment-specific information as well as time for Q&A.
The good news is you will be able to participate in webinar training from the comfort of your home or office. All you need is an Internet connection, a web browser, and speakers on your computer or other web-enabled device.
Unable to attend any of these sessions? Not to worry - they will be recorded and archived for you to review at a time that is more convenient for your schedule.
Webinar Session A: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, noon-1 p.m.
Webinar Session B: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 2-3 p.m.
There is no need to register and sessions will be captioned. We will email all volunteers the login information, as the dates get closer.
Every Imagine RIT Volunteer is entitled to receive a free t-shirt, which may be picked up any time between Tuesday, April 29 and Thursday, May 1, 2014, in the lobby of Eastman Hall, 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- If you are coming from off campus, please stop at the Visitor Information Center to indicate your reason for visiting, and the attendant(s) will assist you with parking and getting to Eastman Hall.
- When you pick up your t-shirt, you will also receive a copy of this year’s festival print program and a volunteer training manual.
- People mover drivers should bring their driver’s license and a signed copy of the motorized utility cart agreement form that was sent out previously (we will have extra copies available at the table, too). Please also review the people mover routing map.
OR -- you may choose to wait and obtain your t-shirt on the day of the festival when you arrive at your specified check-in location.
Please do not plan to wear a volunteer t-shirt from a previous festival as the sponsor information on the backside of the shirts changes each year.
Every Imagine RIT Volunteer is entitled to receive a meal voucher to use on the day of Imagine RIT. These will be distributed on the day of the festival when you arrive at your specified check-in location.
Upon registering, you specified your meal card preference for either Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (to be located in D Lot near the Gordon Field House) or RIT Dining Services (a card valued at $7; one time use at most RIT Dining Services locations - some exclusions apply).
Please note that you must accept the type of card that you registered for and you may not use a Dinosaur voucher at RIT Dining Services or vice versa.