Warning: These steps have been tested on multiple Mac machines - not all installations worked correctly.
Note: This tutorial works best if you have a clean install of Snow Leopard. Otherwise, things often break due to library version conflicts.last tested May 4, 2011
1. Download Homebrew
Install XCode if you don’t already have it ( http://developer.apple.com/xcode/ )
Open up the terminal and run the following line:
They work together like ebony and ivory.
- Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/roboticslab/files/RGBDemo-0.4.0-Win32.zi... abd download RGBDemo-0.4.0-Win32 when prompted
- Navigate to where you downloaded it and extract it.
- Plug in your Kinect to the USB port on your PC. (make sure you do this step)
- Go to the Start menu on windows
- Right click on Computer and select properties
- Select Device manager
1. Open command-line terminal
2. get/use Ubuntu launchpad ppa:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:arne-alamut/freenect
3. update/resynchronize list of packages from repository:
sudo apt-get update
4. install freenect 0.0, libfreenect demos and libfreenect-dev: